Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Volunteer Village, Mount Pleasant, TX
tempImagetVugpN.png

Fountain Of Youth Spa and RV Park, near Niland Ca just above the east shore of the Salton Sea enjoying a rare rainy day in the desert. I had planned a 20 mile bike ride today but I’m going to wait until the rain lets up a bit.

IMG_2953.jpeg

Good wifi, good cable, too many trees for satellite

We tried out Canyon Creek resort near Winters CA this weekend. It is just 30 minutes form the house and right along side Putah Creek. Very clean park run by some nice folks. It is a members only park with a reasonable buy in and great terms. They have two campgrounds one here in Winters and the other out in the Delta. Members have privileges at both parks. It was a rainy weekend but the coach and systems kept us dry and comfy. I will be looking into getting Star Link though as there is no cell coverage so streaming is not possible. How we got to a place where we can not be with out technology is baffling to me. Years ago sitting by the fire with a book was just fine!
Oh the weened started out as a bummer though. I changed my routine to get the coach out of the barn and ended up burying my couch in mud! took 4 hours and a very large pile of cribbage to extricate her. No harm done to the coach. Thank god for the Hydraulic jacks. We were able to lift the coach completely free of the mud and place wood and asphalt shingles under the tires to let her drive out with out calling a wrecker. Won't make that mistake again! I would post pics but the WIFI is won't support transferring photos.

Napa Valley Expo RV. Small park within walking distance of downtown Napa. The Napa Wine area has very few rv spots so this is a good spot to stay if you want to explore this famous wine producing area.
IMG_5358.jpeg
Sharing the trip with our daughter and her new Brinkley 5th wheel
IMG_5357.jpeg

Napa Valley Expo RV. Small park within walking distance of downtown Napa. The Napa Wine area has very few rv spots so this is a good spot to stay if you want to explore this famous wine producing area.View attachment 22885Sharing the trip with our daughter and her new Brinkley 5th wheel View attachment 22886
Stayed there several times - nice to be able to walk to restaurants etc. Another great spot but a little farther away is the Skyline Wilderness Park.

Napa Valley Expo RV. Small park within walking distance of downtown Napa. The Napa Wine area has very few rv spots so this is a good spot to stay if you want to explore this famous wine producing area.View attachment 22885Sharing the trip with our daughter and her new Brinkley 5th wheel View attachment 22886
Been meaning to check that place out for an over nighter in Napa. How do you like it?

We are staying at Canyon Creek again this weekend but this time no rain!
We are liking this little camp ground as it is 1/2 hour from home but feels worlds away.

Attachments

• IMG_1685.jpeg
    IMG_1685.jpeg
    10.2 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Been meaning to check that place out for an over nighter in Napa. How do you like it?
Clean park with nice spacing between coaches. A little traffic noise from the Silverado Trail but not bad. All-in-all a decent place to spend a few days.

Latest resources

Back