• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We booked a 30-day stay at Tropical Palms in Orlando FL., otherwise known as the "We pack um, Inn." I've stayed here before and we enjoyed our stay. But things were not the same this time. Although there are good sites at this park, the one they put us in isn't one of them.

The road into the site(s) is very narrow and presents challenges. Can it be done, well sure. But after 8 hrs. on the road, I wasn't really looking forward to threading a needle to get my 45' long coach into a site that was best suited for something much smaller.

Park provided Internet is nonexistent. So I bought a months worth from the local provider and it's still nonexistent! Verizon is horrible. Actually only works intermittently. Not sure what that's about.

Will I come back? At $120 a night, I doubt it. But maybe I'm just expecting too much. The nice folks beside me have been coming here for a 3-month stay every year for the last 26 years, and they love it.

DSCN0478.JPG

DSCN0445.JPG

DSCN0483.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0490.JPG
    DSCN0490.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 10
…and due to a minor communication error, they did not replace the crankcase (coalescing) filter while they had the floor opened for the tank change. So I bought one and I’ll do it but I like to have these chores done by a shop, especially when I can save some labor charges. Oh well. 60k miles so its time.

We booked a 30-day stay at Tropical Palms in Orlando FL., otherwise known as the "We pack um, Inn." I've stayed here before and we enjoyed our stay. But things were not the same this time. Although there are good sites at this park, the one they put us in isn't one of them.

The road into the site(s) is very narrow and presents challenges. Can it be done, well sure. But after 8 hrs. on the road, I wasn't really looking forward to threading a needle to get my 45' long coach into a site that was best suited for something much smaller.

Park provided Internet is nonexistent. So I bought a months worth from the local provider and it's still nonexistent! Verizon is horrible. Actually only works intermittently. Not sure what that's about.

Will I come back? At $120 a night, I doubt it. But maybe I'm just expecting too much. The nice folks beside me have been coming here for a 3-month stay every year for the last 26 years, and they love it.

View attachment 16861
View attachment 16862
View attachment 16863
I agree - not my cup of tea either and at that price, I’d look for something more fitting. Hope you enjoy it though - make the most of it and all that.

@Jim In that first picture I see a lot of "tail swing accidents" about to happen.

@Jim In that first picture I see a lot of "tail swing accidents" about to happen.
Yep. Trish and I have 2-way radios and she watches out pretty good. But there were just inches between us and the parked coaches at times. And what was worse were the cars that were parked behind the coaches. The picture was taken the next morning, and most of the cars are gone. But we had to ask people to move their cars so we could get past!

We have been there not too my liking. It’s fine but not really 120 per night fine

31A654D3-5A50-4859-856A-0AB332E529F8.jpeg
380E15FE-427C-4313-AA1E-3B99B5D0D2C8.jpeg
6889E705-B713-4D1E-8299-223F26231DCF.jpeg
09FBAD04-583F-42A8-9B03-8D6FAEA6FF4A.jpeg

It never snows in the SF Bay Area but today it has been snowing on & off over the hills. The Dutch Star is hiding in its winter home.

Hanging out at Treasure Coast in Ft. Pierce for a week. Was nice and bright earlier but there is a controlled burn going on somewhere and the wind is blowing the smoke our way. A little tight, but still, a nice place.

DSCN0543.JPG

DSCN0547.JPG

DSCN0551.JPG

DSCN0558.JPG

DSCN0560.JPG

Still at The Tides RV resort in Palmetto FL.

Spending my time trying out the new Ryobi variable speed orbital buffer by putting two coats of wax in the new coach 😀 - great to be retired and have the time.

Sneak peek at the back of the FWS after the first coat with the buffer. The darker color is actually blue.

Now it is cocktail time for the day 🥃

933A70C1-1510-4480-98B2-CD506DEB1B67.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back