• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
U.S. Rt 340 from Luray, South to I-64 is a much easier drive than Rt.211 to I-81.......for sure! It takes a bit more time, as the speed limit is 55MPH, & slower in the 2-3 communities which you pass thru! Maybe 10-15 minutes difference. This is a beautiful drive, and the road overall is in great shape!
I don't think I would do the Rt. 211 trek again! Doable, but tight,twisty, & can get a bit steep in a spot or two!

For those that come to Luray, Triple Crown BBQ is a must. 10 mins from campground across from Walmart area. It's probably one of the best BBQ spots I've eaten. It's a permanent food truck, only open Fri/Sat/Sun but it is amazing.

1FE37271-80EA-4769-946E-EB9795645743.jpeg
E7F38228-70E8-490C-A31D-13ADCD6DC9DF.jpeg
099B05BD-17D2-480E-9A8F-D6F6881C1B1B.jpeg
470511E2-2244-4D6B-8C6A-B900787DDAC3.jpeg
1FE37271-80EA-4769-946E-EB9795645743.jpeg
E7F38228-70E8-490C-A31D-13ADCD6DC9DF.jpeg
099B05BD-17D2-480E-9A8F-D6F6881C1B1B.jpeg
470511E2-2244-4D6B-8C6A-B900787DDAC3.jpeg

Avila Beach, California. 72 degrees, maybe 60 percent humidity, absolutely perfect weather! Brand new park in a magnificent area. For those that have no interest in visiting California I must thank you as it makes it so much easier for us to acquire reservations in beautiful spots such as this😁🥰

We are at Pandion Ridge in Orange Beach and parked right next to a brand new 2022 SuperStar.. great to see more Super C's out there!!

Ours is on the left - 2021 SuperStar 4051 - new friends on the right - 2022 SuperStar 3727

Orange Beach 2 Superstars 2021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 9834View attachment 9835View attachment 9836View attachment 9837View attachment 9834View attachment 9835View attachment 9836View attachment 9837
Avila Beach, California. 72 degrees, maybe 60 percent humidity, absolutely perfect weather! Brand new park in a magnificent area. For those that have no interest in visiting California I must thank you as it makes it so much easier for us to acquire reservations in beautiful spots such as this😁🥰
Glad you made it. They cancelled our reservation because they weren't quite ready to open! Looks nice. My Grandpa had the first trailer in the Old Park...spent many summers there. See the rock on the inside of the breakwall?? I use to camp on it for the weekend before I was a teenager...back then you could catch fish and pick abalone off the rocks. We still enjoy the area. Not sure if I would back in or drive in...kind of a weird angle for our motorhome. Glad you got beautiful weather...cooled off (alot) this week.

Glad you made it. They cancelled our reservation because they weren't quite ready to open! Looks nice. My Grandpa had the first trailer in the Old Park...spent many summers there. See the rock on the inside of the breakwall?? I use to camp on it for the weekend before I was a teenager...back then you could catch fish and pick abalone off the rocks. We still enjoy the area. Not sure if I would back in or drive in...kind of a weird angle for our motorhome. Glad you got beautiful weather...cooled off (alot) this week.
Everyone has to back in. It is tricky until they finish the upper area where there will be a turn around. Every site has a view, some are less level than others.

Everyone has to back in. It is tricky until they finish the upper area where there will be a turn around. Every site has a view, some are less level than others.
Thanks...I'll have to go check out the sites. I see the pricing is different for "types" of sites...is that simply based on tiers? Have they put in any type of kiosk or check in area (or is it still just open) ? Thanks for being one of the "first"...and sending pics 😉 Oh, and I see those fire pits...are they allowing open fires now ?

Thanks...I'll have to go check out the sites. I see the pricing is different for "types" of sites...is that simply based on tiers? Have they put in any type of kiosk or check in area (or is it still just open) ? Thanks for being one of the "first"...and sending pics 😉 Oh, and I see those fire pits...are they allowing open fires now ?
They have a temporary office, and there is staff to check you in. The firepits are propane, and very nice. I hope folks do not mess them up. We walked all the sites, and they are very similar, so I am not sure the pricing is worth being higher, as you are farther from the water. Some sites are shorter, some less level. It is easier to back in if you get a site with parking across from it.
We are really enjoying our stay. It is very quiet at night. Judy D

Latest resources

Back