Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
20240605_082658.jpg

We are at Bruckner's Truck Repair in Big Cabin, Oklahoma.
If in need of engine service or repair, we highly recommend this place. Used to be Cabin Diesel repair. Newmar is represented. We have an Essex, DS and a Ventana.
The former owner is an RVer. He owns a DS also. Approximately 40% of their work is RVs. They have 10 full hookup spots for customers and travelers.
The entire staff is friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.
We are here due to an intake sensor throwing a code intermittently. Changed the sensor and had my transmission serviced.
We showed up a day early unexpectedly. I'm sure it is my fault. I should leave all scheduling to DW. She is so much better at it than me.
The service advisor, Kenneth, tackled the project. It is not unusual for him to step up when plans change.
I'm not saying this makes a difference, but DW always makes different candy for the shop. FWIW, Kenneth likes candy with Reeses Pieces.
This is a good overnight stop. You can drive to Vinita, (6 miles) and eat Clayton's restaurant. It was featured on Diners, Drive ins and Dives with Guy Fieri.
 Also, between Big Cabin and Vinita is Hiway Cafe on RT 66. They have a car that set a Guinness World Record for having the most stickers. 66000 of them. Worth seeing up close. A
nd good food.

JoSam Truck Alignment
IMG_1567.jpeg
Had an all wheel alignment and Balance Masters installed.
On the way home noticed a considerably smoother and “calmer” ride. Also they were able to remove much of the steering “slop”.

Much nicer to drive.

Left Mountain Falls RV Resort and went to Waynesville, NC which is on the way to Travers Bay, MI for this summer. It’s going to be nice to leave the Texas heat for the summer, won’t miss it a bit. Staying at Creekwood Farms in NC. Sites are definitely on top of each other but has great amenities.
IMG_1592.jpeg

Can't wait to hit the road again. Prepping now and leaving in just over a week. We're due to be at Traverse Bay mid July. Might see you there.

Can't wait to hit the road again. Prepping now and leaving in just over a week. We're due to be at Traverse Bay mid July. Might see you there.
Unfortunately, July we will be in Potasky, MI at Heartside RV. Are you going up there at all ?

Unfortunately, July we will be in Potasky, MI at Heartside RV. Are you going up there at all ?
We will be coming from Mackinaw City to Traverse Bay RV Resort bypassing Petoskey this year.

RV is in temporary storage, here in Virginia, where we bought our second home, until the end of the month!
I will pick it up, load it up, and head to a place called "Deer Springs RV Park";) It's a kinda unique, off the beaten path place! BUT....WE WILL BE EXCITED TO ONCE AGAIN SPEND THE FOURTH OF JULY WEEK WITH JIM & TRISH!😎

We headed up north from Waynesville and stopped in Georgetown just north of Lexington, KY. Staying at Whispering Hills RV Park for two nights then upward to Michigan. Most sites are gravel not all level but decent and you are close to your neighbors. Has a lot of amenities. Hooked up Starlink and got almost unobstructed results which is great.
IMG_1613.jpeg

We are in the town of Ogallala, Nebraska. Drove across the Kingsley Dam. On one side of the dam is Lake McConauhy. On the other side is Lake Ogallala. Approximately a mile long.
I should have met some of my neighbors. Find out how many are on their way to the Escapade in Rock Springs, Wyoming.
Newmar is again, well represented. Walked down two rows and spotted 4 DS, two NA, and a Canyon Star.
20240611_205239.jpg

Latest resources

Back