• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Indianapolis KOA (right next to Mount Comfort RV)
SAT - no go - trees
Verizon & AT&T good
OTA tons of channels
Digital cable in some sites, not mine, can't find the coax so I guess I was too cheap
Road noise from highway nearby
Overall: 3 stars

Staging to move to Camp Newmar Sunday morning for what may be a two week visit (upholstery, windshield, and a few other small items)

View attachment 9023
Your coach still looks brand new!

Backyard, Fremont California (DS hiding behind the citrus trees) waiting for @Neal to come install my new wifi system. The pineapple pizza will be next in the oven if he shows up???
B1880206-8AED-45E6-B559-1BB23CE5435B.jpeg
AF565025-5E80-48A3-8871-D3CA32E9DAAD.jpeg
D897DA73-1867-4F56-AE2B-928CF2D6C6BF.jpeg
E81C1875-BE3C-4D2C-82E6-FEE6BC570E84.jpeg

Attachments

• E60DEF93-CA05-4175-875E-DE6546B867CB.jpeg
    E60DEF93-CA05-4175-875E-DE6546B867CB.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 23
Sorry. A little distracted crawling around the bushes at Newmar fighting off the bees. Be there soon!!

Sorry. A little distracted crawling around the bushes at Newmar fighting off the bees. Be there soon!!
Waiting, waiting……….

Topsail Hill State Preserve, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. Very nice, very large state park, with really narrow sites. Concrete site pad looked like someone on methamphetamines attacked it with a jack hammer, but it was reasonably level. Some of the other sites had new concrete, looks like it may be a work in progress. The site was narrow, with enough room for slides, but four chairs crowded the patio. 50-amp was good after they replaced the breaker, no problems with water and sewer. Park provided shuttle service to the beach. Park was very busy, but well-mannered except for a chocolate lab pup that loved to hear himself bark. ATT & Verizon were present, but not at their best. Sprint MiFi performed well. SAT? Not a chance.
07817D90-3AE2-4AB5-9FDA-003E53B9A8D2_1_201_a.jpeg
61ACB789-028F-4217-B19A-5DA94271E812.jpeg

I had a hard time getting into a campground enroute to a business stop in Ashburn, VA (my data center location) so I decided to use my Harvest Hosts membership. I found a winery and booked it. Harvest Hosts has really improved the system but they also have strict rules now to help retain hosts which is good. I'm not going to name this "winery" as I don't want them reading this. Let's just say this was an unusual destination. The parking area was great, Elli loved all the grass to sniff. But winery was in question and while I did my duty to do the tasting and buy "wine" I'll let you be the judge.

A location NW of DC in West Virginia
SAT - nope
Cellular - AT&T strongest (180 down), Verizon usable
OTA - didn't use

IMG_3313.JPG
IMG_3314.JPG

When I joined Harvest Host I included the golf courses for an extra fee and what I find more often than not, is that it is a paved parking lot most of the time which is a lot more comforting knowing I am not going to get stuck parking on grass.

To say that is a commercial winery compared to the wineries you see out here, I would say it might be a stretch of the imagination. However, there are some wineries that are "label wine operations" only and own a label and contract out all the growing, harvesting, and bottling so I can't be 100% sure.

I haven't tried golf courses yet, I too paid the fee for that. Should try as they also will have decent restaurants.

Latest resources

Back