Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
25B6CAE0-0069-4626-8FFA-67E72038EA7B.jpeg
Let me see if I can contribute to this worthy thread.

At Marval RV Resort located near Gore in SE OK. Nothing stunning about it but our goal as to spend time with our three Tulsa grandsons which made this place perfect. Two pools, putt-putt course, jumping pillow, arcade game area, playgrounds, splash pad, basketball court and fishing pond along with the Illinois River adjacent kept them plenty busy.

The park itself is older and a bit run down in areas with more than a few sites with RVs set up “permanently” that look tired and worn. There are nicer areas with okay bathhouses. The people were very nice and helpful.

WiFi when it was working was more than adequate, it allowed the boys to watch a movie to settle them down at their bedtime. We have ATT and had spotty reception with mostly one or two bars.

I’m sure we’ll return and I know the boys loved it!

48B9E784-C2CF-4A98-8325-1C59722A2A0A.jpeg
48B9E784-C2CF-4A98-8325-1C59722A2A0A.jpeg
4BAA4E7D-6C58-4697-BBCF-71CC1816DC00.JPG
4BAA4E7D-6C58-4697-BBCF-71CC1816DC00.JPG

Edit to add I clearly don't have this posting photos thing figured out.

Last edited:
Custer's Gulch RV Park
Custer, SD

Arrived yesterday so not much to report on yet. Gorgeous countryside here, I've done Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse in the past. Lot's to do in this neck of the woods for the outdoor enthusiasts.

Cellular: Verizon stronger over AT&T but both usable
Starlink is fine here as well as SAT other than maybe the top most sites which are forested.
OTA: 6 channels, 2-3 of which are music - don't waste your time
Cable: N/A

My site is very level, air leveling needed no correction, dumped air and called it done. Sites are spacious enough, not as tight as many parks which is nice.

IMG_4154.png

IMG_4151.png
IMG_4152.png
IMG_4153.png

Certainly doesn’t look very crowded. Is that also true for the visitors in the surrounding areas?

Certainly doesn’t look very crowded. Is that also true for the visitors in the surrounding areas?
That occurred to me this morning, this CG is about 30% booked right now. Blackhills KOA was about 60-70% booked. Don't know what you mean by visitors...

Same "Smoky Mountain Campground we weekended at last year. Cable inop. No wifi. Place is basically a gravel parking lot where you leave your camper while tubing in the creek or hiking in the national park. And as such it suits us just fine. Sites are on the short side, with no toad my 38 feet squeezed in again, just. A couple of spaces are deep enough for 40 feet.
When little man was aske dhow cold the water was.
cold-1.jpg

That occurred to me this morning, this CG is about 30% booked right now. Blackhills KOA was about 60-70% booked. Don't know what you mean by visitors...
Was just wondering if the tourist areas in the area were also not crowded.

Was just wondering if the tourist areas in the area were also not crowded.
I don't know, not going to be around them. Already been to the places here. I'm just in holding for my Colorado entry which is the objective of my trip, exploring CO.

I don't know, not going to be around them. Already been to the places here. I'm just in holding for my Colorado entry which is the objective of my trip, exploring CO.
Hard to beat most of western Colorado & the Rockies

Hi Neal: We are about a week a head of you. I think we stayed in Hermosa when we were in Custer. But there were a million bikers around because of Sturgis.

HH

Latest resources

Back