• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Was just wondering if the tourist areas in the area were also not crowded.
We are in Cody Wyoming now ALL tourist traps are jammed because of Sturgis bike week. But as the rally continues to August 14th the crowds are thinning.

HH

Well, still at Follow the River till Saturday then on to Anchor Down in TN, but I thought I'd post a pic or two. Tooling around in Madison, the DW found the Miss Madison Unlimited Hydro behind a warehouse, so we drove back there for a peek. (also found a nice little Brewery) Amazing what you find!
Resized_20220805_140738.jpg
Resized_20220805_181513.jpg
Resized_20220805_154338.jpeg

Last edited:
I just returned from dry camping out at the Bonneville Salt Flats for Speed Week. We took out 6 motorcycles this year to run on the flats but unfortunately Speed Week was cancelled due to heavy rains. Oh well, there is always next year... (y)

IMG_2907-X3.jpg

IMG_2930-X3.jpg

Anchor Down in Dandridge TN for 2 nights. Will NEVER come here on a weekend again. Literally every space filled with trailers complete with bright blue LEDs on all night, all had a golf carts with children driving at fairly high speed all day and into the night. Actually made it dangerous to walk the dog. Too bad as it's a beautiful setting on Douglas Lake.
20220813_125549.jpg

Onward to Tripple Creek near Newport TN for 7 nights. Nice quiet rural CG with creeks running through. Very nice owners on site. Good Verizon signal, no cable and limited OTA, full hookups, and spacious shaded sites. Nice just putting a chair in the Creek and sit with your feet in the water.
20220815_140827.jpg
20220815_140739.jpg

Onward to Tripple Creek near Newport TN for 7 nights. Nice quiet rural CG with creeks running through. Very nice owners on site. Good Verizon signal, no cable and limited OTA, full hookups, and spacious shaded sites. Nice just putting a chair in the Creek and sit with your feet in the water. View attachment 13970View attachment 13971
I like the 7 nights thing. Good way to do it. Thats enough time to rest, relax, see some sights, fix some stuff, and plan the next leg of the journey. I put a chair in the N. Platt river, north of Sinclair Wy. Nice way to relax.

Spending two weeks in Manistee, Michigan at The Bluffs on Manistee Lake. LOTS to see and do around here, with Ludington to the south, Traverse City to the north, and pickleball courts at The Bluffs and nearby in Manistee. Strong AT&T and Verizon, virtually no T-Mobile or OTA. And...nearly perfect weather in the 70s. They grow Christmas trees here, too. We'll be back!

2E489CA3-3570-4B3C-8970-CE9A872AFF2D.jpg
F7576E28-9F54-4DE0-9E48-294F4AE141DA.jpg

Jasper National Park, Whistlers Campground

Parks Canada campground, some with full hookups, 50a service. Although this guy made it a little difficult to get setup 😳

AT&T-good
No OTA
SAT-good

1BE9380E-F5CC-4782-BEF0-1A179BD095DC.jpeg

Just arrived at one of our favorite parks, Two Rivers in Sevierville for a 10 night stay to enjoy the Smokey Mountain Jeep Invasion starting this week. Nice concrete sites facing the French Broad River, good Verizon signal, cable, and VIEWS!
20220823_143900.jpg
Resized_20220822_201159.jpeg

River Run RV Park
Granby, CO

AT&T beats Verizon
Starlink - no issues, no obstructions
Cable TV - 55 channels (all analog I believe)
SAT - not used but should be no issues

Sun Outdoors parks - very nice setup here, could definitely spend weeks here and relax. Very quiet and peaceful now that school is going back in session, I hear after meeting @Tip&Tina that it was a bit noisy prior to my arrival. You can see @Tip&Tina's beautiful DSDP parked in front of me. Nice to meet them last night after arrival.

DJI_0259.JPG
DJI_0260.JPG
DJI_0261.JPG
DJI_0262.JPG
DJI_0263.JPG
DJI_0264.JPG
DJI_0266.JPG

Latest resources

Back