Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where's the battery disconnect on Newmar?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
interesting! But I don't plan to store it for long periods of time, going to be running it frequently! Define "a long time".
More than 2 weeks and my 2019 would drain itself. The 2013 would last a month

Keep in mind--even when doing the house disconnect inside, and the chassis disconnect outside, you will still have phantom draws.

If you are going to be storing for a long time, then I would add your own positive wire disconnect on the house batteries.

(we use positive wire to avoid issues with the magnum inverter seeking a ground thru the aux devices, and creating a short)
And how does one do this? Got a how-to link? Or is it safer to hire an electrician?

And how does one do this? Got a how-to link? Or is it safer to hire an electrician?

The main power leads would connect to the switch, and then another jumper from the switch to the battery. Very simple. Remember--this is the POSITIVE (RED) wire.

Here is a switch I use: https://tinyurl.com/84yptte3

Just make sure you mount it solid.

I would have one switch for the inverter lead, one for the alternator/bim lead, and another for the "extra" stuff lead. You have 3 positive leads.

Only the inverter lead needs to be this high powered, but it doesn't hurt to have all the same look.

The main power leads would connect to the switch, and then another jumper from the switch to the battery. Very simple. Remember--this is the POSITIVE (RED) wire.

Here is a switch I use: https://tinyurl.com/84yptte3

Just make sure you mount it solid.

I would have one switch for the inverter lead, one for the alternator/bim lead, and another for the "extra" stuff lead. You have 3 positive leads.

Only the inverter lead needs to be this high powered, but it doesn't hurt to have all the same look.
Photo of this setup? Electricity is probably my weakest subject.

I don't have my coach yet. I have several pics of my Jeep install, but thats too different.

I will post pics when I add this to the LA

I think I'll take to electrian (obviously I can't even spel it correctly)

It may help if you open your chassis battery compartment and take a picture and attach it here.

My baby is in the shop in Houston - making some modifications. I'm anxious - it's been nearly 2 weeks.

Latest resources

Back