Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Which Koni shocks for rear axles - 2017 Newmar Ventana FL chassis?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Probably going to replace rear shocks on next FCCC visit end of year. Anyone know which Koni shocks work on the rear axles? I put Koni FSD's on the front several years ago.

It appears to be Koni 8805 1022

I would call Shock Warehouse they were very helpful in getting correct part for application

Thanks for the tip @NWIP - I emailed them and got this information back after providing my VIN, etc. I would have gotten it wrong had I not asked. Now the question is, should I replace them? How long do shocks last?

I am considering replacing the rear shocks due to the abnormal wear I had on my tag axle in the recent past. As you know I have new tires now and I don't want to repeat the issue. I've heard from others that shocks can be the cause of this wear pattern. Anyone else have an opinion as to when to replace shocks and also if they think the cupping/wear issue is shock related?

shocks.jpg

Thanks for the tip @NWIP - I emailed them and got this information back after providing my VIN, etc. I would have gotten it wrong had I not asked. Now the question is, should I replace them? How long do shocks last?

I am considering replacing the rear shocks due to the abnormal wear I had on my tag axle in the recent past. As you know I have new tires now and I don't want to repeat the issue. I've heard from others that shocks can be the cause of this wear pattern. Anyone else have an opinion as to when to replace shocks and also if they think the cupping/wear issue is shock related?

I have been told the same thing. I have no experience!

Read the temp of all the shocks after driving for an hour or so. they should all be about the same temp. If one or more is/are cooler they are not doing their job anymore and should be replaced. The caveat is that if they are all bad and read the same temp this wouldn’t be conclusive, but if you have new fronts this should be telling.

I just replaced all the shocks on my 2009 King Aire with the Koni's from Shockwarehouse, and I am amazed at the difference in ride and handling. I had 60K miles on the factory original shocks when replaced, and had an aggressive amount of porpoising going on at bridge transitions. Smoothed it right out. I highly recommend either as a performance upgrade or replacement due to age/mileage.

I just replaced all the shocks on my 2009 King Aire with the Koni's from Shockwarehouse, and I am amazed at the difference in ride and handling. I had 60K miles on the factory original shocks when replaced, and had an aggressive amount of porpoising going on at bridge transitions. Smoothed it right out. I highly recommend either as a performance upgrade or replacement due to age/mileage.
Im at 68K on my 2016 and Im pretty sure its time for a new set

Ordered mine yesterday, can't hurt and I sure don't want to mess up the new tires.

Latest resources

Back