Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Which older Class A manufacturers use aluminum framing?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'm sure they were well built. I'm not looking to go that far back. I want to stay no older than 2003 and I definitely don't want anything built since the pandemic.

UPDATE any and all comments appreciated.
Going to go look at a 2010 Georgetown 378TS. The pictures online look amazing and it has 53,776 miles on it.
I have taken advice to not go for a winnebago because of the roof issues they have had. Anyone know anything about the Forest River Georgetown?

Looking for gasoline engine and I really want something around 2003-2008 range

I understand folks want what fits there wants and there needs. I prefer older with less technology. Most things I own do not have much technology.

There is a gentleman on the Barth site that appears to be working on a Chevy 350 in his Barth. That Barth coach is 52 years old. Not much technology in a 52 year old school 350 engine.

There is a lot to be said about all of the latest technology. One of my concerns is the 10 year rule. I here of some people getting by with it when the unit is only a few years older and is in excellent shape.
What has your experience been with the 10 year rule? Most of those parks I wouldn't want to be in but there are a few.

There is a lot to be said about all of the latest technology. One of my concerns is the 10 year rule. I here of some people getting by with it when the unit is only a few years older and is in excellent shape.
What has your experience been with the 10 year rule? Most of those parks I wouldn't want to be in but there are a few.
In almost every case, when this question comes up the answer is usually "no problem". Some will ask for a picture of your rig and if it's well kept it's normally not an issue.
Seemingly, the rule is in place so that they can control things like schoolies and other "undesireables" without causing a fuss. "Says right here in our policies......."

... One of my concerns is the 10 year rule....

In almost every case, when this question comes up the answer is usually "no problem". Some will ask for a picture of your rig and if it's well kept it's normally not an issue.
Seemingly, the rule is in place so that they can control things like schoolies and other "undesireables" without causing a fuss. "Says right here in our policies......."
My feeling exactly. It is an easy to explain rule to keep out the undesirable, poorly kept, junky, etc.

I understand folks want what fits there wants and there needs. I prefer older with less technology. Most things I own do not have much technology.

There is a gentleman on the Barth site that appears to be working on a Chevy 350 in his Barth. That Barth coach is 52 years old. Not much technology in a 52 year old school 350 engine.
I have a 84 Winnebago 33 cheiftain. Its all old school to me. That 454 is totally bare compared to newer. Love it no air pump ect

Latest resources

Back