Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Which older Class A manufacturers use aluminum framing?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

davony

RVF Regular
Trying to find out which Class A manufacturers use aluminum framing. I know that Winnebago does but couldn't find any information on any others. We are looking for a used Class A minimum 34 foot that has aluminum frame.

Newmar has been building this way for over 20 years. Here’s an example of a 20 year old brochure https://newmar.imgix.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/27073538/2002-kountry-star-diesel-pusher.pdf

5D6AFFFF-CCF8-406E-934D-E45348449019.jpeg

Apparently over 30 years. According to the faded sticker on the side of my 1993 Newmar that proudly proclaims its aluminum superstructure.

Barth was built with a patented aluminum upper frame structure, then covered with aircraft aluminum. They went out of business in the late 90's. There are still plenty of Barth Coaches around. Several were built on a Gillig Chassis. Others were built on a Spartan. Then there are many built on a P30 Chevrolet Chassis. Good durable old rigs. Prices range from excellent condition in the 40K range to a few fixer upper rigs at at less than 5K. Standard RV parts are used thought the industry. Let us know if you made a purchase yet.

We haven't purchased yet. I found a couple 2007 Winnebago 38j's across the country but haven't been able to check them out due to weather.
There is a 2007 Itasca 38j about an hour away I am planning to go check out soon. They are a little high on their price but may be doable.
We fell in love with that particular floor plan of Winnebago.

2005-2008 I have been told by someone was Winnebagos best years. Says he used to be a Winnebago rep.
That 38 J floor plan can't be beat as far as we are concerned

Before you buy anything Winnebago, you might want to look at some of this guy's videos, specifically those pertaining to Winnebago or Itasca roofs. The stuff he shows about the roof construction is downright scary to me.
I skimmed through some of his videos but I will look further. It sounds more like he is talking about 2012 and up.
I will do more research. Thank you

On the other hand, an average weight person can walk on the roof of a Barth. Some Barth motor coaches even had diamond plate roof for rooftop entertainment.

Latest resources

Back