Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Ask any questions in this thread regarding visiting Newmar for tours, factory pickup, post when you'll be there etc.

Heading to Newmar for service starting Monday, 11/25. Pray’n the weather holds up; it’s our first time for winter travel. :oops::eek:

Left Iowa the middle of October headed to Portland Oregon thinking no problem as it’s early fall. Got stuck in Cheyenne along with a bazillion truckers because of bad weather closing interstate 80. You never know so just be careful out there this time of year.

We left Camp Newmar the end of October after spending a week there getting some warranty work done at the end of our first year's ownership. Drove to St. Louis, spending seven hours on the road driving through rain for the first time since we're SoCal kids, where it seldom rains. Just as we pulled into our spot for the night, our entry step started acting up, extending/retracting repeatedly all by its lonesome. When the weather dried up, step started working. Now, every time it rains, the steps won't move from the extended position......Now, as we're meandering our way home to San Diego, we learned to adjust our RV park stays--no driving in the stinking rain until we get our step controller replaced when we get home....It's raining here in Alamogordo, New Mexico while I'm writing this....we'll be spending an extra night here to wait out the storm....

Just as we pulled into our spot for the night, our entry step started acting up, extending/retracting repeatedly all by its lonesome. When the weather dried up, step started working.

Oh terrific! I was JUST talking about that happened to me! But, I arrested it to me being a bit too aggressive with the pressure washer. I thought it was too much water in the door switch, perhaps. The controller, you say? Ugh. Better put that on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be your connector connection to the motor. I bought conductive grease and coated the plug (male) with that.

Last edited:
Could be your connector connection to the the motor. I bought conductive grease and coated the plug (male) with that.

Certainly a possibility!! I’m definitely gonna have them check it out next week. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Important:

My email packet, from Newmar, did NOT contain any instructions or directions for THE NEW FACILITY AND CAMPGROUND!! (Yes, we nearly stayed in the gravel lot wasteland CG and would have probably missed our checkin tomorrow (Monday) morning!)

Luckily, since things didn’t look right, I did a little sleuthing and found the new place, which wasn’t easy since T-Mobile is NON-existent there (would have been nice to know as well).

So...the new CG is on the East side of town; take Miriam to Stahly and you can’t miss the new facility!
6e7358ebf404e41c8921c32fc57e3c60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently, Newmar hasn't improved its communication with service customers since we were there in June. We received absolutely no information regarding Camp Newmar's location or address, directions to it, or anything.

We looked up the service center address in the Internet and went there. That would work OK now, but back in June, the new CG wasn't open yet and we needed to find the old Camp Newmar. After driving around the area for a while with no success, some local folks asked if we needed help and directed us to the old CN...a couple of miles away.

As a retired communications professional (PR, media relations, marketing and advertising), this kind of oversight by a major corporation really drives me up the wall! It is so simple to resolve, but if you don't have a knowledgeable communicator on the staff monitoring things like this, it never gets fixed. There is a reason do-it-yourself brain surgery isn't very successful!

TJ

Latest resources

Back