Who's ready for some fishing?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Weird. Yours don't have magnets!

I have to tell this story on Neal. He went fishing a while back, but after a short time, he ran out of worms.

Then, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a cottonmouth water moccasin with a frog in his mouth.

"Frogs are good bass bait," he thought to himself."

Knowing the snake couldn't bite him with the frog in his mouth, he grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in his bait bucket.

Just then, he realized he had a problem, how was he going to release the snake without getting bitten?

He was suddenly inspired as his gaze happened onto his almost-full bottle of Jack Daniel's whiskey.
He grabbed the whisky bottle and poured a some whiskey in its mouth.

The snake's eyes rolled back and he went limp. He tossed the moccasin into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.

A little later, he felt a nudge at his foot.

There was that same snake with two more frogs in his mouth.

Life is good in the South.

I took my oldest up to about 9200’ on a tributary of the South Saint Vrain River. The fish are small, but the place is one of my favorites. We were picking wild strawberries on the short hike in.

IMG_8171.jpeg

IMG_8169.jpeg

I have to tell this story on Neal. He went fishing a while back, but after a short time, he ran out of worms.

Then, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a cottonmouth water moccasin with a frog in his mouth.

"Frogs are good bass bait," he thought to himself."

Knowing the snake couldn't bite him with the frog in his mouth, he grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in his bait bucket.

Just then, he realized he had a problem, how was he going to release the snake without getting bitten?

He was suddenly inspired as his gaze happened onto his almost-full bottle of Jack Daniel's whiskey.
He grabbed the whisky bottle and poured a some whiskey in its mouth.

The snake's eyes rolled back and he went limp. He tossed the moccasin into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.

A little later, he felt a nudge at his foot.

There was that same snake with two more frogs in his mouth.

Life is good in the South.
I will be plagiarizing this!

My grandson CJ pulled some lunkers outta our creek today
IMG_4516.jpeg

All catch and release because at 14 he’s a sportsman.

Last edited:
Some fun from Turquoise Lake (near Leadville, CO) and the South Saint Vrain River in the Indian Peaks Wilderness).

I also hooked what looked to be a 16+ inch brook trout this morning, but it got away.

IMG_8436.jpeg
IMG_8432.jpeg
IMG_9938.jpeg
IMG_8318.jpeg

I caught my first cutthroat trout (a Colorado River Cutt) east of the Continental Divide yesterday, in Glacier Creek in Rocky Mountain National Park.

IMG_6723.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back