Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Anyone else getting the bug to go do some fishing? My next trip I need to find some fishing spots.

Absolutely. I’m planning to get my new license this weekend (the season in Colorado is April 1 through March 31.

@Neal The kayak makes for a decent fishing boat…just saying.

Well, that's what I got it for. Even outfitted for fishing with rod holders and all. Someday a new owner will thank me. Stupid me.

The best view at our favorite camping spot.

I caught a fish from this ‘yak while out with my then three-year old. He wasn’t paddling, and the wind blew us to shore while I was fighting the fish. That 15” brown trout made a good portion of lunch that day. I rarely keep trout, but bigger stocked fish are fair game.

0DD92707-7211-401C-8CBE-45A43DDF2CC4.jpeg

00858B26-0DF7-41E0-9CDA-890091D74523.jpeg

I have a rubber Intex raft the kids enjoy and it's not too hard to paddle. It has rod holders and I want to fish from it, I'm just worried about hooks and inflatable boats, seems like a problem waiting to happen, especially with kids thrown in the mix.

I have a rubber Intex raft the kids enjoy and it's not too hard to paddle. It has rod holders and I want to fish from it, I'm just worried about hooks and inflatable boats, seems like a problem waiting to happen, especially with kids thrown in the mix.

Does the raft have protective material over the tubes? Mine has a pretty stout cordura nylon shell. I think it would be hard to accidentally puncture it. Of course, I’m also fly fishing with fairly small flies with no real weight to them.

It doesn't have any covering over it. It ranges from feeling extremely tough in cooler temperatures, like a well inflated pro river raft to being fairly soft when it's hot and the sun is beating down on it. The latter being when I would more likely be using it and when an errant fish hook could more likely dig in vs. bouncing off gives me the greatest concen.

I introduced the five-year old to tenkara fishing (Japanese style fly fishing) today. No fish were caught (I did see a few), but we also went to the library and the adjacent playground.

2783879A-2EFD-49B5-B355-C0988B2D4FB7.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back