Chassis
Sparten
Engine
450 cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
awning rug? can't recall the last time I used it, since moving up to a luxury 5th wheel and now the DS, we really don't camp in the dirt anymore.

Ditto with the Dutch oven, don't cook over a campfire anymore

anything you folks find of no use anymore?

I do a cleanout about annually. The patio rug went somewhere, not sure where, but yeah that's gone. Same with my toaster oven when I upgraded to a GE Advantium that does everything I need. I'm still guilty of a mess of a kitchen counter with coffee, food, etc. and need to work on keeping the counters less cluttered. On this last trip I ditched a grill or two as well.

We have lots of stuff we haven't used for over a year and when I ask if we get rid of it my wife says BUT (and you can fill the rest) and never seems to go away.

I gave away the drip coffee maker I spec’d especially for a certain cabinet because it was replaced by Keurig. I just ordered a portable Viare compressor to replaced my older bigger tank model that I never use (looking forward to repurposing that space), I only pack my little electric pressure washer along on longer (more than a month) trips.

I also think I’m going to jettison my big OE propane tank and replace it with a very small one since the stove top is my only propane appliance. The tank is spec’d for a furnace, gas fridge, and stove so its big - 30 gal or so. Lots of weight and space potential there. And the gauge has shown 1/2 tank for two years!

The folding table is probably next. I also adhere to a loose version of @Neal ‘s policy - with a few exceptions, if it doesn't get used for a year or so, its gone!

We recently reviewed and discovered lots that we don’t need or use.
With the spare parts there were items that weren’t needed on the road; 2 boxes of spare floor tiles and a pail of pre mix grout, reduced clothing by 70%+, toaster oven, misc kitchen items, 2 bikes that weren’t getting much use, dozens of DVDs, many books, backup tools to the main tools, and can’t recall what else was removed but it was boxes of stuff.

I would almost swear that the coach drove a bit peppier after this years cleanse.

I am just figuring out what to include in our gear list. I was considering what kind of rug if any to buy, I think I got my answer tonight :cool:. I took advantage of Cyber Monday and picked up a set of jack blocks to replace my stop gap 2X6 scraps I was using. I will be loading long term food stores and other survival gear as the RV does serve as our Plan B in case we need to bug out due to fire. We live in the danger zone and came close to losing the place two years ago. It was one of the justifications we used to buy in the first place.

The first year we started traveling for half the year, we had so much junk we carried around and never used. Now, every year when we get home, the coach gets a good clean out removing things that we didn't use and each year the contents get more streamlined. We're at a point now that we have everything we need for the trip and still have lots of storage space. We did keep the outdoor mat though. We do visit rustic campsites at times.
20220816_102754.jpg

I got rid of all things propane in the past year - grill, griddle, fire bowl, etc. A friend of a friend had a propane explosion and I reconsidered the concept of an all-electric coach.

I got rid of all things propane in the past year - grill, griddle, fire bowl, etc. A friend of a friend had a propane explosion and I reconsidered the concept of an all-electric coach.
What do you use to grill?

Latest resources

Back