Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Why is the water spigot at dump stations non-potable?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That sign was in North Dakota...far, far from Texas!
I should have known.

Kevin, "don't tread on me" especially applies to Texans.

I should have known.

Kevin, "don't tread on me" especially applies to Texans.
That comment was saying stupid travels! To clarify! Stupid is like a virus, where people are stupid is! Taking another look, I can see your view, but I will stand by My intent!

They had dump stations at some of the Nevada rest stops along I-80 that looked like a storm drain with a concrete ramp leading down to it and you literally just parked over the ramp and dumped without a hose. No where to even hook up a hose. Then you hit a flush valve and it would rinse down the concrete ramp. It seems these are all closed now, but they were open within the last couple years.

This is on Outdoors RV TTs so new owners don’t get confused….
IMG_3675.jpeg

Well I guess it is an emoji world today. 😂

I do too but there is always something that didn't get flushed out, paper bits and stuff. This thing blasts water in a fan so it takes care of it. I've had many people watch me do this and say "I gotta get me one". The price seems to have doubled since I bought mine in 2018.
I have a "Y" at the water hook up, and hook my orange "sewer" rinse hose to it, & then do the same thing to "flush" out the slinky, so it is stowed relatively clean!
Using this does not leave any residue, etc, at the site.
Prior to hooking up to water, I run the spigot, then wipe it down, then hook up to it!
Everyone has their on way, but to me, I prefer having my "stinky slinky", so that it doesn't really add any "stinky":poop: when stowed! Cap off both ends of the slinky, and stow in a tub with a snap lid!
With a bath and a half, I have two slinky's! Oh lucky me!:giggle:

Latest resources

Back