• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Wifi / Cell / Starlink connectivity

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The used Pepwave came in. did the "30-30-30" factory default method to clean it up. Booted and we seen on the network. I had to bridge my home's network over to the Pepwave's default subnet to see it on my network. Once that was done, the Pepwave webpage came up, I was able to login and play.

So, I upgraded the firmware with it's latest. This is an older hardware gen so will only go to 6.3.5 firmware.
I presetup all network settings and found it very straightforward for someone who dinks with routers daily. More intuitive than the WifiRanger.

The Parsec antenna came in the next day. Opening the box, 4 long cables....hmmm, all marked LTE...no Wifi....dang, my quick ordering got the wrong model. So many choices. So that's being returned and I need to go shopping again.

But, on the positive side, looks like the Pepwave is functional and "as good as it's new". Not bad for a $64 investment.

Some further snooping finds that the Pepwave models has an API for software to talk to it....
Looks like we will be integrating the Pepwave into our myServer automation system and building our own user interface. Now that's cool stuff to make this stuff easy. Looks like I will need to invest in a newer Pepwave for that effort. Firmware v7 starts to deliver those functions. V8 is where it gets nice. So, the $64 investment will be initial learning. The "$1000" new one will be the ultimate path.

so, survey question - what routers are people using? and what firmware version? I'll research how to post survey questions on Neal's new forum. Till then, post your details here!

Thinking of making a mount similar to

Note they also have extra bases. So, one for RV, one for Boat....
Of course I will have to DIY it...

Latest resources

Back