Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 GMC Canyon AT4
Fulltimer
No
I ask because the 3 Newmar Rally's we will attend this summer still have sites available including the second week of the Balloon Festival. Historically, these regularly sell out fairly quickly and the Ballon Festival usually sells out the opening day of registration.

Since fuel prices, RV park fees, food, entertainment, etc, are higher the parks may be much less crowded than in the past. I have gotten emails from several parks we stayed in last year offering discounts.

Last edited:
I'm talking to people who are traveling across the country as I type, and I sense that parks are not as full as they were during and after the pandemic. It could be the time of the year, and maybe when we get into the full swing of summer, they will be full. I called to make reservations expecting slim pickings and had no issues for a trip later this summer. It could be a number of things, like fuel, and even the cost of an RV has gone up considerably. Maybe @Jim can give us a sense where Deer Springs is this year compared to last year?

This year will be the least I traveled since 2017. I'm guessing I'll only do 2-3 months at best.

The parks that we have visited have many available places but that maybe normal at this time of year in Florida

we were in Florida all last winter, 3 different resorts, none were full and all offered discounts for us to stay longer

I ask because the 3 Newmar Rally's we will attend this summer still have sites available including the second week of the Balloon Festival. Historically, these regularly sell out fairly quickly and the Ballon Festival usually sells out the opening day of registration.

Since fuel prices, RV park fees, food, entertainment, etc, are higher the parks may be much less crowded than in the past. I have gotten emails from several parks we stayed in last year offering discounts.
Nostradamus won't give me an answer to your question??? Sorry!

On a personal note, the Forest typically is hard to find quality places by Wednesday the past 4 or so years! Not the case this year. Of course it's still early in the season,we will see!!!

I'm talking to people who are traveling across the country as I type, and I sense that parks are not as full as they were during and after the pandemic. It could be the time of the year, and maybe when we get into the full swing of summer, they will be full. I called to make reservations expecting slim pickings and had no issues for a trip later this summer. It could be a number of things, like fuel, and even the cost of an RV has gone up considerably. Maybe @Jim can give us a sense where Deer Springs is this year compared to last year?
Hi Sheridan!

According to my top-secret report generator (okay, it's just a laptop), we've got more visitors booked this year than all of 2023 combined. But we have 4 more sites than we did last year too.

I think it’s Trish's sparkling personality and her borderline obsessive flower arranging that’s luring people in. Either that or I’ve accidentally stumbled on the magic keywords for our website. Who knew ‘free marshmallows’ would be such a draw? ;)

Deer Springs is such a unique park and word of mouth has gotten around about it that I'm not surprised about your reservations. Deer Springs was the best value for all the parks we stayed in last year. Your pricing is reasonable which I think is a huge positive. Trish's sparkling personality is a huge draw, and if she can ever get you trained or kept at the house, things will be good.

I must have missed the free marshmallows.

Latest resources

Back