Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Windshield replacement with RV Glass Solutions?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have used them for RV Windshield replacement twice and Jeep glass once, very happy with the work they did for me. In my case the coach had to sit 24 hours after replacement for the glue stuff to setup, or they would not warranty from leaks. Was also going to have them fix some fogged windows, but we sold MH before I did that job. Recommended.

$4,500.00 for a windshield? Yikes!
Had my 4th windshield replace at Newmar. Ten hours labor plus the cost of glass. It is expensive but it is a big piece of glass.
The first 3 were done under warranty at my dealer. They had farmed it out to a local glass shop that a terrible job. Cut the front cap removing the windshield. Newmar repaired it at no charge. (I was still under warranty at that time)

Webz, you paid too much. RV Glass solutions, parent company, supplies 60-80% of all the bus and Motorhome windshields used in this land. They have three outlets, with power and water, maybe sewer. That all should shop around in this climate of inflation and parts shortages is paramount. I go where I get excellent service, not that Newmar's service is not excellent, they just cost way more than I want to pay unless is something specific to my coach that only they should touch. A windshield, I think that is mostly a common place repair, so RV Glass Solutions for me.

I didn't pay for any windshields. Paid labor for one. My point was I could see it costing $4500.00. It is a big windshield. jmho
I hope I don't have to pay for one. ;)

I checked once as got chip, now got a crack, going to see if it can be fixed, if not going to let it do what it's going to do until so bad, got to fix it. Last price I got was $2500 for the glass alone, suspect the $4500 above is "spot on in these times", and think coverage in insurance would cover it, just hate to make a claim with not having this company less than year. Last one was with 20 years, and they raised rates so high was not worth any discounts they gave us. Saved almost 1000 changing companies, what the car cost before, now I can pay for both of them, and MH dropped 800 annually. We don't use full time, and that for sure makes a difference.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back