• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Wine storage in a Newmar?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The stories of Ernest and Julio are legendary.....I interviewed there many years ago and part of the interview included a tour of the facilities in Modesto. A massive vertically integrated organization that included making their own bottles. Who doesn't remember Bartles and Jaymes…

Alright I am off topic...going back to original thread question. Sorry @TJ&LadyDi can I get a ride in your Newell?

Priorities, it's all about priorities. Sounds like you'll have to sacrifice some space. Perhaps the lower two shelves of your pantry and install a cooler in that space if that works.
That's an interesting thought, but LadyDi is pretty protective of her pantry space. If it comes down to that as the only choice, I may be sitting outside drinking Gallo out of a gallon jug...or, a box. :LOL:

Youre right! E&J Gallo made a very good Cab in 1978. I still have a couple of bottles in my cellar.

Attachments

• 20201230_014922.jpg
    20201230_014922.jpg
    892.1 KB · Views: 7
I may be sitting outside drinking Gallo out of a gallon jug...or, a box. :LOL:
Yeah, you go ahead and laugh about that box. But when you get drunk and tip over, the box won't break. Lord man, didn't you learn anything college?

Has anyone installed a small (12-18 bottles) wine cooler in their Newmar DP? We're looking for a better way to properly store wine in the coach when on the road. We have a larger wine cooler for the sticks-and-bricks, and I know they make some smaller units. Now, we just need to find a place to put it. And, as all coach owners know, there isn't any "extra" storage space in these beasts.

If you've found a creative way to do this in your coach, I'd love to see a photo or two.

TJ
We took out the J lounge and installed this. In each basket, on the shelves of the hutch, we can put 5 bottles of wine. ?

Attachments

• F00A2B2D-A5B0-4393-BB6F-DFCAF6129622.jpeg
    F00A2B2D-A5B0-4393-BB6F-DFCAF6129622.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
How about this. The area under the front bathroom sink. You might could gain enough area there to fit a small wine cooler there. And have it open to the kitchen.
2018-Newmar-Mountain-Aire-4047-stk-11268-Calgary-Floor-plan.jpg
mountain air.jpg

How about this. The area under the front bathroom sink. You might could gain enough area there to fit a small wine cooler there. And have it open to the kitchen.
Hmmmm. That's one I had not considered. It is definitely worth looking into. Thanks for "thinking outside the box."

TJ

LINK to wine carousel...

Insulate a basement bay...and place a slot in the floor so your Wine Carousel can hold some chilled (basement bay)...some at room temp (coach cabin inside glass display case). Motor drive will index your selection, before returning to storage mode.

I saw a Wine Carousel in Moxie‘s...Sandman Signature Hotel, Toronto, CA... I’ve always admired the engineer that came up with that idea.

Latest resources

Back