• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Wine storage in a Newmar?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The problem, as I see it, is you're allowing quality, taste and presentation to interfere with convenience. Perhaps if you were to pick up a half dozen boxes of el-cheapo, from the vineyards of "everythings a dollar", you will find that storage is a simple as stacking them up under the bed. No need for refrigeration, they're just fine warm.

:)

The problem, as I see it, is you're allowing quality, taste and presentation to interfere with convenience. Perhaps if you were to pick up a half dozen boxes of el-cheapo, from the vineyards of "everythings a dollar", you will find that storage is a simple as stacking them up under the bed. No need for refrigeration, they're just fine warm.

:)
OK, let me admit that we are what many people call "wine snobs." Sorry, but LadyDi and I grew up in the heart of the California "wine country" and both of our families were involved in the wine business. And, being a crazy Basque, I have a fondness for Basque wines produced in Spain and available only in bottles.

"Boxes" just won't cut it; unless, you can find a 2017 vintage Bodega K5 Pilota Hondarrabi Zuri Getariako Txakolina in such a container. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

We do have the CF-80 on a slideout tray, but was hoping to find a way to put a small cooler inside the coach. They make them as small as 6" wide (6 bottles single-stacked) but I was hoping to find space for a 12" wide.

TJ
Honestly, My cellar is in the cargo trailer. I store more than just a little wine Have to have the cheese too.

OK, let me admit that we are what many people call "wine snobs."

TJ

So, if I understand this correctly, we won't find a bottle of Gallo anywhere near your coach? You know, that stuff that comes in a big green 1-gallon jug? :)

So, if I understand this correctly, we won't find a bottle of Gallo anywhere near your coach? You know, that stuff that comes in a big green 1-gallon jug? :)
Hummm. Does it come in a box?

No really I don't store much wine. but I do have a cellar.

I just buy grapes. You all are fools to have someone step all over them and pour it into a bottle. Don't you watch TV?

Priorities, it's all about priorities. Sounds like you'll have to sacrifice some space. Perhaps the lower two shelves of your pantry and install a cooler in that space if that works.

Actually, Gallo has made some pretty good wine at times. I knew both Ernest and Julio Gallo through my dad, and they were respected winemakers. Their niche was drinkable, everyday family wine. That said, you probably won't find a jug of Gallo wine in the coach very often...unless LadyDi is using it in her to-die-for pot roast. ;)

TJ

Latest resources

Back