• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Winnebago Forza 34T (2019) towing 1/2 ton pickup

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I was pretty sure that I read on a number of sites that a flat towed vehicle counts toward GCWR? Any help from others would be extremely welcome while I try to decide on the need to sell my pickup just to buy a less well equipped toad.
Yes it absolutely does count against your GCWR. It’s part of the total combined weight. It doesnt have tongue weight so it doesnt count against your GVWR.

The hitch rating BTW is irrelevant. It could be 20,000 but that still wouldn’t help you stay within your GCWR. Also RV-USA is an ok shopping tool, but not dependable for making determinations that effect liability. And of course rig might be capably of towing X lbs, but if that puts it over GCWR its still a gamble.

First, I would guess the true weight of your truck is over 6,000 pounds and a quick trip to the CAT scale will verify the real weight. The weight on the website is usually the lightest truck they make with zero options.

Second, you will need a tow bar, baseplates to hook the tow bar to, a braking system in the truck, and wired taillights, and all the going to between 4,000 and 6,000 dollars to get set up.

Third, you need to open your owner's manual and check and see if it is 4 down towable or not. Lots of trucks depending on the year and transmission can't be towed with all the wheel on the ground.

Latest resources

Back