RV Model
Ventana LE 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2021 Chevy Trailblazer
Fulltimer
No
Class A moho. Ice maker, washing machine, 3 sinks, 2 toilets, 1 inside shower, 1 outside shower. I always blow out water with 30 to 40 PSI compressed air. Belt and suspenders, I follow with anti-freeze. I’ve always put the pickup tube in each individual gallon jug, then had to swap when empty. That’s where this tip comes in:

This time, I used a 5 gallon bucket, put 4 gallons of anti-freeze in it and drew from this.

Oh my, so much simpler. Why haven’t I thought of this before? Why hasn’t someone wrote about it before??

We’ll, if it hadn’t been suggested before, now it has.

I always blew out the lines with my air compressor when I owned trailers, then poured some antifreeze in the traps and toilet.
With this motorhome my goal is to never see freezing weather, thus no need to worry about it.

I always blew out the lines with my air compressor when I owned trailers, then poured some antifreeze in the traps and toilet.
With this motorhome my goal is to never see freezing weather, thus no need to worry about it.
That's what I did this year as well.

I've always just blown out the lines, unhooked the water pump and antifreeze only in the traps. Of course drain the water heater.
Yeah, I forgot to mention the drain the water heater part.

I've always just blown out the lines, unhooked the water pump and antifreeze only in the traps. Of course drain the water heater.
I usually drain the water heater if it's going to be a few weeks between camping trips.

Thanks for the tip, great idea!!

Latest resources

Back