Cedar Creek 311RL 5th Wheel
RV Length
35'
TOW/TOAD
F350 Super Duty
Fulltimer
No
Hey everyone,
So I have two white wires (brake wires) on one of my tires that was cut or severed. I have included the picture of it. My question is can I just hook up both wires or do I need to be concerned about which wire goes to which wire? I can simply repair both wires and hook them back up just wondering if I need to be concerned about hooking it up backwards?

I asked my dealer but they were not real helpful in their answer.

Attachments

• tire.jpg
    tire.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 30
Given that in your photo, one white wire connects to a yellow wire and the other connects to a green wire, I’d have to say that it matters. It looks like the wires were severed in slightly different locations (one appears longer than the other), so can you match them up that way? That would be my first effort.

TJ

Are those going to tail lights? Seems you could test brake lights and hazard lights to ensure operation. Those wires remind me of the various wires involved in my blue ox system.

Those are magnet wires. No, there is no way to hook them up backwards. Just hook the wires up and you should have brakes again.

Ah, yes; if we are talking about electric brakes on a trailer, @Gronk is correct. I should have figured that out fron the yellow/green wire combination.

TJ

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll feel much better headed down the highway with brakes!

Latest resources

Back