• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Wire joining tips

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Fascinating! I have had a method of twisting wires, so they don’t come apart and melting solder between them. I like this better than butt connectors.

I’ve been using these lately. Very positive, reusable, easily tested, and if you aren't sure about the connection you can just open it back up and reset the wire without losing any - important when working with limited wire. They take up more room than a butt connector so they aren’t always the best choice, but when you have room for them them they work great.
IMG_2836.jpeg

Finally got the video to play - some of those look like fishing knots.

We use a lot of wago's. Haven't had one fail yet. They make longer inline ones if you need to come in from 2 directions with short wires.
Thanks for the tip - ordering a 48 pack from Neal’s store now
IMG_2837.jpeg

Wago is the "gold standard", but sometimes hard to find. Lowe's carries Ideal, which has a competing item in reusable lever wire clamps.
Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• LeverConnector SS.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
I have had issues with WAGO when I switched to them in my OASIS rewire after the shorts I had from Newmar's install issues cramming wires in and stripping insulation in the process. Not sure how one had a short but I think the important message is to make sure you size your wago connector properly. Know the ratings of the connector and use the correct one for the task.

What are favorite connectors for outside use under the coach where wires are exposed to road spray?
I am needing to replace a low marker light. Have the replacement light, now just looking for a long lasting and water proof connector.

What are favorite connectors for outside use under the coach where wires are exposed to road spray?
I am needing to replace a low marker light. Have the replacement light, now just looking for a long lasting and water proof connector.
For that I’d just use a butt connector but seal it with dielectric grease and cover it with shrink wrap. Should last the life of the vehicle.

Latest resources

Back