• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Wow!!!!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
His trailer was not balanced, putting to much load on the hitch and taking weight off the front wheels of the tow vehicle. As to the other questions of why......probably didn't want to be behind a semi in those conditions pelting him with debris and getting buffeted around by his wake. But he should have stayed out in the fast lane and let his camper slow him down by tapping the trailer brakes and easing back over well beyond the semi. Only takes one mistake. I have driven in much worse conditions many many times. Not with a camper behind me however....lol.

Oh yeah, you can totally tell that that trailer was not hooked up right and I think maybe even too heavy for that POS Toyota that was pulling it.

be careful out there. especially in winter weather.

The link will not work if you are a Canadian customer. No type of news link will work. We can cut and paste the link though. I'm wrong. The link disappears. This is our government at work. The Medea outlets here want a piece of FB advertising money.
Screenshot (46).png

new trailer and new truck? newbie pulling a big trailer on icy roads?
maybe a new trailer, older Tundra truck.

trailer was well oversized/weight for the truck pulling it, and there didn't appear to be any type of weigh distribution hitch.

the tongue weight was well over what the truck was designed for, the rear of the truck was squatted pretty bad. and the trailer was far from level, the rear wheels of the trailer and the front wheels of the truck were lifted.

the Semi, was doing 55, slowed to 48 and the truck/trailer passed him at a good clip, my estimate would be 70+, then tried to change lanes in front of the semi on icy road, with marginal room between them, trailer swayed, spun the truck, jack knifed, and the semi plowed through the trailer like a hot knife through butter.

The link will not work if you are a Canadian customer. No type of news link will work. We can cut and paste the link though. I'm wrong. The link disappears. This is our government at work. The Medea outlets here want a piece of FB advertising money.View attachment 22232
I am in the US and also see this black screen. Using mobile device.

Latest resources

Back