• Commercial/Vendors welcome

You cant fix stupid-walmart edition

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The only reason I really know much about it is we order and have delivered to Saundra's mom in assisted living. She is picky and only wants name brand. We asked the question and the answer was the no substitution button.

Kevin, I gave up supporting and not supporting different corporations based on their public political statements. We have some good friends that lean pretty far right and they are always coming up with something off the internet and deciding on a different business they aren't going to "step foot in". Kohls was their latest victim and I can't even remember why. It only lasted a month though. My DW and his DW was out shopping and my DW needed something at Kohls. His DW said "well, I'll go in with you but I'm certainly not buying anything". She ended up spending over $100 and my DW couldn't find what she wanted.

About the only thing I will do is check labels for where "most" of the product is made. If it is totally imported from China then I do everything I can not to buy it, even if I have to spend a little more for a different product.

As far as who donates to BLM. I don't really pay much attention to that. The BLM organization got it's start from the Ferguson shooting which turned out to be a good police shooting, in other words the young officer was totally justified and never prosecuted, even though the Federal authorities did everything at the time to push toward some type of prosecution. People tend to forget that fact and the fact that around 70% of the money they so gladly donate to BLM goes right into the pockets of a handful of the original founders. It is a scam on the highest level IMHO, so when I read where some CEO donates money to BLM it just makes me wonder how someone so stupid can hold his position.

Kevin, I gave up supporting and not supporting different corporations based on their public political statements. We have some good friends that lean pretty far right and they are always coming up with something off the internet and deciding on a different business they aren't going to "step foot in". Kohls was their latest victim and I can't even remember why. It only lasted a month though. My DW and his DW was out shopping and my DW needed something at Kohls. His DW said "well, I'll go in with you but I'm certainly not buying anything". She ended up spending over $100 and my DW couldn't find what she wanted.

About the only thing I will do is check labels for where "most" of the product is made. If it is totally imported from China then I do everything I can not to buy it, even if I have to spend a little more for a different product.

As far as who donates to BLM. I don't really pay much attention to that. The BLM organization got it's start from the Ferguson shooting which turned out to be a good police shooting, in other words the young officer was totally justified and never prosecuted, even though the Federal authorities did everything at the time to push toward some type of prosecution. People tend to forget that fact and the fact that around 70% of the money they so gladly donate to BLM goes right into the pockets of a handful of the original founders. It is a scam on the highest level IMHO, so when I read where some CEO donates money to BLM it just makes me wonder how someone so stupid can hold his position.
Joe I mention the BLM thing because it turns my stomach that corporations like Walmart would care so little for the people of this country. As stated further down on the thread I am just as concerned about small business and will forgo a little extra cash in my pocket to help locals stay in business. We need them, they are what makes places different enough to visit.

I agree with buying from locally owned small businesses. A couple months ago I needed a 30lb bottle of propane filled. The tiny town of Frostproof has a small ACE hardware, but there is a Tractor Supply about the same distance in another bigger town. I went to the ACE because it is locally owned and they are friendly folks. I was pleasantly surprised when they only charged me $7.20 to fill that bottle.

I'm with those of you who support "local". My typical response to those who question this is, "How can my friends and neighbors afford to buy the goods and services I sell, if I don't buy the goods and services they sell?"

I also hesitate to consider people who see the world differently than I do as stupid; as if somehow I'm more intelligent than someone who doesn't get a concept I find easily understandable. This lesson was taught me by my wife who, if left to her, would live in a house of electronic clocks that all flashed "12:00", but has the most inciteful and - dare I say - beautiful way with words. How often has she known just the right words at a funeral... a wedding... or in one of those [could be] awkward social situations I fumble badly every time? I just cannot agree that three or five minutes is enough to know a person well enough to dismiss them as somehow less capable than I am.

You will be happier if you will give people a bit of your heart rather than a piece of your mind. -Unknown

FB_IMG_1619287165551.jpg

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Heh heh. We have “sentry mode” on out Tesla. It starts recording everything someone gets to close to the car. It sets a little flag on the screen if it was set off. Amazing how much time is wasted checking out those little clips. Some of them are jyst kids who know they are on camera and feel the need to show off their latest dance moves. :).

Latest resources

Back