• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alert “Heat dome” blistering the West!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yep. Give it a week or two. BC hydro is reporting record consumption. Local governments are opening up cool down centres. All planned outages for maintenance are delayed. Interesting times. We rarely get outages here but our home critical loads UPS (fridge and entertainment centre) will carry us for a day or two if need be. After that It’s the propane generator For a couple hours a day. Hopefully it won’t come to that.
We have a natural gas generator (22KW) at our sticks n’ bricks that will keep things up in a power outage. Hopefully, there won‘t be one and we won’t need it.

”This, too, shall pass!”

TJ

We have a natural gas generator (22KW) at our sticks n’ bricks that will keep things up in a power outage. Hopefully, there won‘t be one and we won’t need it.

”This, too, shall pass!”

TJ

That 22 KW genny is a nice addition. We thought about it and the reality is for us in our townhouse it could probably be half the size. One of the owners in our community has some medical issues and has one. Super quiet. I hear him exercise it once in awhile. But the power rarely goes out here, Maybe once or twice a year during a storm or somebody takes out a power pole. The UPS has been handy for those times. Other than exercising the propane genny it has never had to be used for its intended purpose. We use our Tesla as a variable load for exercising it. Works well. :).
555279BB-6B04-4D9F-B62F-62E67DD1DC34.jpeg

Well, the official temperature high for today in Junction City, Oregon, occurred at 4:54 pm PDT; 111F as measured at the Eugene Airport a few miles to the south. Our SilverLeaf outside temperature reading was 116F, but I don’t think it is entirely accurate.

Interestingly enough, yesterday’s official high (103F) also occurred at 4:54 pm. Tomorrow’s forecast shows a chilly 97F. :rolleyes:

The park power has gone out at least 5 times today but the Onan generator in the MADP ably picked up the slack. Sure glad we have it as it would have been miserable without the two ACs. Hopefully, the middle (kitchen) AC can be resurrected tomorrow by the Premier RV Services techs. We’ll see.

The two working ACs performed well enough, but having a third online would have made the job easier. As long as we needed to run the generator, it would have been nice to have all three ACs online.

TJ

speaking of hot ? do you guys travel with your generator on and running the air conditioners ? Going north manana and will be going through 105 + for a few hours and the dash AC just doesn't cut it. Although I can handle "HOT" my wife can't. Just asking...I have never needed to nor tried, so I'm asking. Does the generator run OK while bouncing around on the road ? Thanks for any ideas. Blessings
I don’t know about the newer coaches but While traveling through Texas we often drove with our generator running - I’d watch the outside temps - when it reach 95, we’d have to kick on the generator and house AC. I closed off the cab area from the rest of the “house” by hanging black shower curtains between, on an extralong rod. The cab AC was never adequate in really hot weather.

Well, the official temperature high for today in Junction City, Oregon, occurred at 4:54 pm PDT; 111F as measured at the Eugene Airport a few miles to the south. Our SilverLeaf outside temperature reading was 116F, but I don’t think it is entirely accurate.

Interestingly enough, yesterday’s official high (103F) also occurred at 4:54 pm. Tomorrow’s forecast shows a chilly 97F. :rolleyes:

The park power has gone out at least 5 times today but the Onan generator in the MADP ably picked up the slack. Sure glad we have it as it would have been miserable without the two ACs. Hopefully, the middle (kitchen) AC can be resurrected tomorrow by the Premier RV Services techs. We’ll see.

The two working ACs performed well enough, but having a third online would have made the job easier. As long as we needed to run the generator, it would have been nice to have all three ACs online.

TJ
Will be flying into Eugene Monday and spending the next day rendevousing with our toad - I keep checking the weather reports and it shows the highs is the 70s?

I was in Eugene last week. Great town and the weather was very pleasant. Be aware that Oregon has a high infection rate so they are masking up pretty seriously. Hotels have limited services and “free breakfast” is very limited if you choose a hotel that offers it. As long as there are no fires burning nearby, all should be good for you.

We are getting rain in Oregon and Washington. Sorely needed and it has washed away all the smoke and ash.

I was in Eugene last week. Great town and the weather was very pleasant. Be aware that Oregon has a high infection rate so they are masking up pretty seriously. Hotels have limited services and “free breakfast” is very limited if you choose a hotel that offers it. As long as there are no fires burning nearby, all should be good for you.
yes , my bro and sil have been keeping me informed, they live in Oregon

And you didn’t pick up your new baby??

Only visitations now as they are making sure everything is 100% before delivery. It will be soon.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back