• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2 trips to lazydays Tampa still no Motorhome

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Sadly, they recently bought a local dealership that had a good reputation for service, and turned it into a mega dealership. Their inventory is now so large that they are renting neighboring property to store MH's parked side to side and nose to tail. Hmmmm! Think I would call a mobile tech with a good reputation before going there.

As previously stated, once you get it all sorted out you will be very happy with the coach.

It took 2 years to get everything fixed on the current coach, bought brand new, and three years on the previous, again bought brand new.

I hope you get many many years of enjoyment out of this coach.

Check everything again when you go back to pick up the coach. Here are a couple of double checks. Here are some things that are missed.

If you have solar panels check your Spyder control panel make sure you are getting amps to your batteries.

Make sure you check your slide out trays in the bottom storage compartments for ease of movements. Check the screws holding down the floor covering on the tray. They protrude out the bottom.

Check your wires for hanging down or loose connections at the Solar controller, in bottom sliding bay.

Check your GFI electrical outlets, and your in house vac system. Especially look at your TPMS system for throwing codes. There was a recall on this also.

Check your back inner dual tire stems, there was a recall for the tire stems, they were replaced with metal ones.

Check your washer & dryer vent make sure it is connected and open. Also TEST ALL your pull down shades, and make sure your windows slide open.

Remember you always have Red Bay to fix things that your dealer can't. Its a pain in the butt but Tiffin will make it right.

HH
Got it, thanks this is a good list.

I had similar experience with selling dealer that abandoned us after the sale, and I was adopted by NIRVC. Have had very good experiences with them at various of their facilities on the things they have control of. All other statements on the thread apply, but NIRVC seems to try hard to take care of you no matter where you bought. They have a Nashville facility now, a lot closer to Ohio than Tampa. Just a thought.
That's cool my wife loves Nashville thanks for the heads up

So we made two trips from Ohio to lazydays Tampa to pick up our brand new 2022 Phaeton and still was not able to drive it home. The first trip we went to pick it up, there was a generator problem. It would start and run fine, but wouldn't transfer power to the coach. Then the next time we went to pick it up, it had a low tire (40 psi low) and check engine light was on. (Probably due to DEF fluid sending unit). My question is, is there anything I could or should do to make sure our service is getting handled properly. It seems that our dealers pre-check seems to be lacking, and now we are concerned about our service experience in general! Any help or advice would be appreciated.
When I checked around for an RV inspector, prices ranged from about $500 up. IMHO it would still help to get this done. Why? It would let you find our all or most all issues before your returned to Ohio. It would make the dealer fix the punch list all at once, at their expense rather than your having to fix things as issues ‘trickle in one by one’.

In the end, you will be enjoying your new Phaeton but it’s how you get there that is the bump in the road.

Regards

Yeah I think he’s headed there whether he plans on it now or not. Apparently there is some not-so-hidden meaning in the dealership name…
Rich, We are down here in Vacaville, I was wondering how the LaMesa Service center in Davis is and whether or not they support the Tiffin line. I will be doing most of my own service and repairs unless covered under warranty. Were you happy with the folks at LaMesa?
Rusty

Rich, We are down here in Vacaville, I was wondering how the LaMesa Service center in Davis is and whether or not they support the Tiffin line. I will be doing most of my own service and repairs unless covered under warranty. Were you happy with the folks at LaMesa?
Rusty
La Mesa treated me well on a slide repair. Easy scheduling, did the job right in the time allotted. The cost was covered by La Mesa in Tucson so I don’t know about their labor rate or if they work on Tiffin, but I would guess they do.

So we made two trips from Ohio to lazydays Tampa to pick up our brand new 2022 Phaeton and still was not able to drive it home. The first trip we went to pick it up, there was a generator problem. It would start and run fine, but wouldn't transfer power to the coach. Then the next time we went to pick it up, it had a low tire (40 psi low) and check engine light was on. (Probably due to DEF fluid sending unit). My question is, is there anything I could or should do to make sure our service is getting handled properly. It seems that our dealers pre-check seems to be lacking, and now we are concerned about our service experience in general! Any help or advice would be appreciated.
SAME experience, different dealer. Next time we'll have someone inspect it before we pay for it b/c once you've paid, all the lovely service and friendliness is GONE! We had the same headaches as you are experiencing, 2022 Allegro 360 RED. We were told a few issues needed parts from Redbay, Al, so my hubs called Bob Tiffin, yes, he's retired but he's still there and takes calls. BT looked into our "parts situation" and found the dealer never actually contacted Tiffin for the parts. Who knows whose story is accurate but the parts miraculously showed up at the dealer and we were under way several days. Later....so, maybe pick up your rig and head to Alabama for a checkup before you take off on your vacation. We've heard the service is awesome, the facility is nice to hang around while you wait, and the piece of mind you glean might be pretty priceless. Most importantly, once you're up and running, you're going to have a ton of fun in that beautiful Phaeton!

Unfortunate dealer experience is why we always opt for Factory Delivery on new coach available from Newmar. Yes it can take upto a week of your time, 1 to 5 days, but when you accept delivery the coach is as Correct as any new coach can be at delivery. We are planning to take delivery of the 2024 DSDP in the early fall at the Nappanee Service Center.

If I were in OH and traveling to Tampa to spend that kind of money, there would be language in the contract that required them to reimburse me for every penny I was out of pocket for not being able to do what they promised.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back