• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon TOAD

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My 2020 Jeep Gladiator has the 8.4...it’s very good; I prefer the larger screen, but surprised it has to be connected with a cable for Apple CarPlay. My Mini Cooper Clubman is Bluetooth...

If you are referring to the Trackhawk, they have one at the Jeep place where I bought my TrailHawk in San Marcos, TX. They want $92k for it, 707 HP.

So I went to the shop here in New Braunfels to arrange for install of the base plate and braking system on our new TrailHawk. The owner tells me he just had a customer come by with a Prevo and his new TrackHawk. The guy wanted a towbar setup for his Jeep. But after a bit of checking, they discover that all-wheel-drive tranny is NOT towable four down. Prevo guy was understandably upset to learn that detail.
I didn't realize that they were the Trackhawk trim. There was no badging other than "Grand Cherokee Supercharged" that I remember seeing at the dealership I saw this one at in Charleston. The sales manager said they sold 10 so far. It was $99k. I read yesterday that you should "forget off roading" in it, "stick to the track". :cool:

You should hear what they sound like. BADA$$

Yep, the salesman in San Marcos said the same thing. He offered to fire it up, but I passed. Too much temptation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Overall, I think @turbopilot made the best choice with his Rubicon. We had an 08 Wrangler and liked it a lot. But my DW says she prefers the smoother ride of the GC. We test drove a 2020 Sahara and found it much improved over our previous Wrangler. But then we went with the Trailhawk.

Now if we could just get @turbopilot to recognize that Roadmaster makes a superior towbar.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just upgraded my TOAD to a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. JL chassis is a big upgrade over the JK that I had on my last Wrangler.

First job was to install a new BlueOx baseplate. I bought a Blue Ox BX1139 base plate from Amazon along with a Blue Ox BX8848 diode taillight kit. To finish the install I ordered a 6 pole round vehicle connecter, an RVi Breakway System and a RVi Towed Battery Charger.

This is the third Blue Ox baseplate system I have installed myself. Instructions were great and this install was easier than my last two. New to this install is the diode taillight kit. No longer does Blue Ox use separate bulbs inserted into the rear light enclosures. Instead they supply 4 diode switch devices that allow you to use the factory installed Jeep LED lights on the rear of the Wrangler.

IMG_1844_Painterly-XL.jpg

Looks familiar ?

Looks familiar
47B8802D-6518-43E6-9D5F-C42004445E29.jpeg

In my opinion the 2020 fixed everything that I didn’t like about my 2017, better ride, better view, rear view camera system, blind spot monitor, larger tires, 8 sp transmission, transfer case indicator,
As for towing, I’m going a different route this time and getting a RockHard 4x4 bumper with BlueOx tow bar mounts and adding a Warn winch.
In my opinion be carful on tire choice, there are 3. The BF Goodrich TA Radials were a must for me

We drove a Sahara and Rubicon back to back and our impression was the Sahara rode just slightly better than the Rubicon but the Rubicon was a lot quieter at 70 miles per hour than the Sahara. I went to the dealership to order a Sahara but left thinking the Rubicon would be a better choice. We are going to order on Monday and I think we've decided to order the Rubicon.
We are still undecided on two options - the steel bumper and the 8.4 Uconnect system. Probably get the bumper but 1600 bucks for 8.4 screen and GPS is stiff.
TurboPolit --- What is your first impression? Why did you pick the Rubicon? What options did you get? Thanks for all the links you made my research a lot easier.
Get the 8.4 screen, totally worth it for the camera view alone.....in my opinion

Latest resources

Back