• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

turbopilot

RVF Supporter
Fulltimer
No
Just upgraded my TOAD to a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. JL chassis is a big upgrade over the JK that I had on my last Wrangler.

First job was to install a new BlueOx baseplate. I bought a Blue Ox BX1139 base plate from Amazon along with a Blue Ox BX8848 diode taillight kit. To finish the install I ordered a 6 pole round vehicle connecter, an RVi Breakway System and a RVi Towed Battery Charger.

This is the third Blue Ox baseplate system I have installed myself. Instructions were great and this install was easier than my last two. New to this install is the diode taillight kit. No longer does Blue Ox use separate bulbs inserted into the rear light enclosures. Instead they supply 4 diode switch devices that allow you to use the factory installed Jeep LED lights on the rear of the Wrangler.

IMG_1844_Painterly-XL.jpg

I have a JLUR on order...will be my first Jeep.

My garage is full of parts to install in the jeep once it arrives.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

Congrats! We just bought a 2020 Jeep Gladiator in August...

Anyone bought the Jeep Grand Cherokee Supercharged? Saw one at Hendricks Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep in Charleston - Sweet, but pricey. They told me they had sold 10 already.
Maybe I have to ask over on the Prevost forum ;-)

Anyone bought the Jeep Grand Cherokee Supercharged? Saw one at Hendricks Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep in Charleston - Sweet, but pricey. They told me they had sold 10 already.
Maybe I have to ask over on the Prevost forum ;-)

If you are referring to the Trackhawk, they have one at the Jeep place where I bought my TrailHawk in San Marcos, TX. They want $92k for it, 707 HP.

So I went to the shop here in New Braunfels to arrange for install of the base plate and braking system on our new TrailHawk. The owner tells me he just had a customer come by with a Prevo and his new TrackHawk. The guy wanted a towbar setup for his Jeep. But after a bit of checking, they discover that all-wheel-drive tranny is NOT towable four down. Prevo guy was understandably upset to learn that detail.

8745281394a0102fc8eb9d610a1335c0.jpg

Last edited:
Holy cow; "600 plus HP?" That's pretty impressive for a street car. I'm guessing gas mileage would be appropriate for that much muscle...and, the miles per speeding ticket ratio could be pretty impressive too! :ROFLMAO:

TJ

We drove a Sahara and Rubicon back to back and our impression was the Sahara rode just slightly better than the Rubicon but the Rubicon was a lot quieter at 70 miles per hour than the Sahara. I went to the dealership to order a Sahara but left thinking the Rubicon would be a better choice. We are going to order on Monday and I think we've decided to order the Rubicon.
We are still undecided on two options - the steel bumper and the 8.4 Uconnect system. Probably get the bumper but 1600 bucks for 8.4 screen and GPS is stiff.
TurboPolit --- What is your first impression? Why did you pick the Rubicon? What options did you get? Thanks for all the links you made my research a lot easier.

We drove a Sahara and Rubicon back to back and our impression was the Sahara rode just slightly better than the Rubicon but the Rubicon was a lot quieter at 70 miles per hour than the Sahara. I went to the dealership to order a Sahara but left thinking the Rubicon would be a better choice. We are going to order on Monday and I think we've decided to order the Rubicon.
We are still undecided on two options - the steel bumper and the 8.4 Uconnect system. Probably get the bumper but 1600 bucks for 8.4 screen and GPS is stiff.
TurboPolit --- What is your first impression? Why did you pick the Rubicon? What options did you get? Thanks for all the links you made my research a lot easier.

Read the reviews and bought the 2020 Rubicon. So many on the dealer lot I had a bunch of options. Sticker was around $52K. Infotainment system is the best. Better than my X5 BMW. Definitely worth the money. Comes with a full weather alerting system from SiriusXM. JL Wranglers are very different than JK which I had before. BMW depreciates 70% in five years, Wrangler 30%. No more BMW's for me. All in the Rubicon. My 2020 loaded Rubicon weighs around 100 lbs more than my basic 2017 Wrangler Unlimited Sport. With JL model they have taken out a lot of weight.

I have a 2020 JLUS (4 door sport) and a 2020 JLUR (4 door rubicon).

The JLUS has the 7in screen that does apple and android connectivity. It is a very good screen.

My*JLUR has the 8.4 with nav, and is fabulous. Main reason I purchased the 8.4 is for the 360 camera I am installing. There is almost $15k difference between the sport and rubicon as I ordered.

As for why Rubicon:

* only jeep factory ready for real trail riding. 4:1 gear ratio, differential lockers, auto sway bar disconnect. High clearance fenders

* can accept 35's without a lift.

* factory steel bumper is tough and durable.

* factory skid plate are better on Rubicon

* factory Rubicon red dash and vented hood are way cool!

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

Holy cow; "600 plus HP?" That's pretty impressive for a street car. I'm guessing gas mileage would be appropriate for that much muscle...and, the miles per speeding ticket ratio could be pretty impressive too!
You should hear what they sound like. BADA$$

Latest resources

Back