Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ehrich S.

RVF Newbee
I have a water leak coming (dripping) from the chassis underneath the bathroom area. There are no leaks internal of the bath area. Strangely enough, the authorized dealer states that they are unable to replicate the leak after the second visit there for this even though it's happened on our last two outings. Of note, I maintain my water via a regulator and DO NOT exceed the recommended 60psi system maximum pressure. Has anyone had this issue? Does anyone have knowledge of the water connection configuration on the Bay Star model; particularly under the bath area. The dealer says they don't know how to get to them.

Check the back of yor water heater. Is it wet in the water heater bay?

Thanks for the input. I’ve passed on to the dealer. To date they can’t replicate but I’m sure they haven’t thought to turn on the water heater while testing like I do when camping. Fingers crossed!!

This may not help you, but we had a leak in the bay just in front of the wet bay that was caused by a cracked 90° fitting in the hot waterline. Impossible to see but once I discovered the wet carpet. I crawled underneath there (cold and wet) and had my wife turn on the pump and it started squirting out of the fitting. I find the water system plumbing in our 2020 Mountain Aire and all Newmar to be very amateur compared to our previous coaches. I’m planning to replace everything with properly attached, plumbed lines that are not dangling through the insulation with a blob of black glop. Will be adding Viega Manabloc manifolds as well in the wet bay -- even had these on a 2015 Forest River 40' Berkshire (Perish the thought!!!)
Overall I remain underwhelmed with the build of Newmar "under the covers". (many more issues for another post)

This may not help you, but we had a leak in the bay just in front of the wet bay that was caused by a cracked 90° fitting in the hot waterline. Impossible to see but once I discovered the wet carpet. I crawled underneath there (cold and wet) and had my wife turn on the pump and it started squirting out of the fitting. I find the water system plumbing in our 2020 Mountain Aire and all Newmar to be very amateur compared to our previous coaches. I’m planning to replace everything with properly attached, plumbed lines that are not dangling through the insulation with a blob of black glop. Will be adding Viega Manabloc manifolds as well in the wet bay -- even had these on a 2015 Forest River 40' Berkshire (Perish the thought!!!)
Overall I remain underwhelmed with the build of Newmar "under the covers". (many more issues for another post)
SteveMA: Thanks for the feedback. My leak does appear to be in another location however your insight regarding the quality of fabrication on the Newmar is concerning. My research prior to purchasing it lead me to believe they were considered to be one of the better fabricators. Of course, you never know what lies under the covers. As my unit is under warranty and with the dealer, I am relegated to their methods of finding the issue. Unfortunately, until they see water, they won't spend the time looking into the potential root cause. Hopefully, they find it.

Latest resources

Back