Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2024 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
Yes
I have a 2019 Dutch Star 4369. We just got to a new camp and the water pressure is not very strong. I have our water regulator and right after that the water filter and then the hose. The regulator is set at 60 and wanted to know if I could increase it but did not want to hurt the coach. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

In theory, yes, you could increase it. The pex tubing is rated at a 160 PSI and the braided flexible water line that's also used in the coach, depending on the manufacturer can be is rated up to 200 PSI.

The biggest problem you have is the crimp fittings that could come loose with all the movement going down the road. With that said, if you have poor water pressure coming out of the parks hook up, increasing the pressure on your regulator it's not going to change anything.

Please clarify what "water pressure is not very strong."

If the campground water pressure is low, then your regulator will not raise pressure above that which the campground spigot provides.

Sounds like you are running two filters, one on the hose and the installed one on the coach? That is not helping pressure from the campground either. I suggest removing the hose filter and see if pressure improves. You could also just use your hose to fill the water tank and use the onboard pump if that is better.

By the way, I typically fill my tank and use the pump because I have better pressure from the pump vs the park water that is regulated down to 60 PSI and running through a water filter and water softener after the regulator.

I have a 2019 Dutch Star 4369. We just got to a new camp and the water pressure is not very strong. I have our water regulator and right after that the water filter and then the hose. The regulator is set at 60 and wanted to know if I could increase it but did not want to hurt the coach. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I carry a gauge to check the pressure when hooking up. If it's mot over 70 psi I don't use the regulator at all. They're restrictive. They manage pressure but limit your volume.

Please clarify what "water pressure is not very strong."

If the campground water pressure is low, then your regulator will not raise pressure above that which the campground spigot provides.

Sounds like you are running two filters, one on the hose and the installed one on the coach? That is not helping pressure from the campground either. I suggest removing the hose filter and see if pressure improves. You could also just use your hose to fill the water tank and use the onboard pump if that is better.
I am running two filters like you said. I will remove the one from the hose and see what happens. When we pulled into our space yesterday the guy told me their water pressure was at 100psi. Said if I had a regulator to use it. I currently have it set at 60-62.

I too only fill with a hose and use the pump!

That said, any restrictions are affected by water pressure! Filters are a restriction. You will have less flow through the filter at 60 psi, and more flow at 100psi.

Ringing any bells yet???

Put the regulator after the filter, for higher flow rate.

We also check water pressure when we hook up, it seems 40ish psi is about normal. For almost everything it's sufficient. We also fill the fresh water tank so we have the pump as needed. When either of us take a shower we use the water pump for example we have been happy doing it this way for years.

We also check water pressure when we hook up, it seems 40ish psi is about normal. For almost everything it's sufficient. We also fill the fresh water tank so we have the pump as needed. When either of us take a shower we use the water pump for example we have been happy doing it this way for years.
I understand the thought of no WPR if when you test the reading is less than 40PSI. I just want to share my observations over the years, I have found that some parks water pressure can fluctuate through out a stay by 30 or 40 psi, night vs day, lawn irrigation running, 40% park capacity vs 90% capacity. A good pressure regulator does not effect water flow below its settings and should not reduce volume only pressure. For me it’s good insurance. I prefer the adjustable type with a built in gauge set at 60psi.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back