• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2022 Dutch Star ?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I agree, this can be done on the web as some do these days. There would still be caution that what's on your display may (and will not) be what the actual paint color looks like. Heck, take it to the next step, submit the color combination, pay a fee and have a plate sent with the color samples done together. This could be a nice business for someone that wanted to do it, i.e. 3rd party.
No matter what software, with whatever extensions, palates, etc. - you can't get around the fact that on a computer screen you are seeing transmitted light and on a coach you are seeing reflected light...they will NEVER look the same. At best, the end result may make you happy with your choices. At worst...oh well.

No matter what software, with whatever extensions, palates, etc. - you can't get around the fact that on a computer screen you are seeing transmitted light and on a coach you are seeing reflected light...they will NEVER look the same. At best, the end result may make you happy with your choices. At worst...oh well.

So very, very true! The rendering from Newmar was a good bit different than the actual colors on my coach!
Fortunately for me, I was able to see the "actual colors" selected, on different coaches which were in a dealers inventory! It made a huge difference for me! What a big help it was to see them up close & personal!?
Even the pictures Natalie sent me after it came out of paint were different. So much so, that Marilyn & I agreed, were it that far off, we were going to have Newmar repaint it, even if we had to pay for it out of pocket! Fortunately when we actually saw it for the first time in the Service Center, WOW, what a relief! Marilyn actually cried!?‍♂️
My advice, if possible, when selecting colors, get to see the "real color" before making your decision! If not, it could be a costly mistake!

And this ol geezer isn't computer savvy enough to use those fancy "paint" programs!:unsure: Point & click is about the best for me!;)

The Dutch Star has opening windows although you can special the larger non opening ones.
FYI, I was wrong. You can NOT special the larger non opening windows in the Dutch Star.

Latest resources

Back