• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2022 LADP - Paint the way it should be

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Here is a video of the new paint standards NIRVC is holding all manufacturers to.

This is the same standard that mine was brought to, all covered by Newmars warranty.

Can’t seem to get my Bay Star to shine like that. Guess I did not pay enough.😂🤩

What are you showing here? What ceramic system are you using, I eventually want to apply it to mine. I think my paint in my 2022 Dutch Star is pretty damn good as it is. I want to keep it that way though for years to come!
This is a paint corrected finish, the way Newmar intends to deliver all new coaches, but does not have the ability to.

The way my coach is shown is the standard for Newmar paint quality.

Newmar is not capable of delivering this quality and has stated that the majority of owners don't care. For those that do, they will pay to have it done under warranty.

NIRVC is now taking the approach that all new deliveries will be inspected and brought to this standard before the customer sees it.

I suspect Newmar will soon start delivering their coaches in better condition.

What I showed in that last picture was paint protection film being applied. I added a very high quality ppf to the entire coach below the slide level.

I then applied a ceramic coat from shine supply on the entire coach. Since the paint correction was already perfect, doing ppf and ceramic was easy.

The ppf is something i have started doing to all my vehicles because it protects the paint so well. The product I used is self healing, meaning scratches rub off, and never reach the paint.

This is a paint corrected finish, the way Newmar intends to deliver all new coaches, but does not have the ability to.
I don't understand @redbaron, if Newmar "intends" to deliver all new coaches that way, why wouldn't they have to ability to do it?

I don't understand @redbaron, if Newmar "intends" to deliver all new coaches that way, why wouldn't they have to ability to do it?
The reason i say the intend to deliver it without flaws is based on their advertising of a masterpiece finish, with a cut and buff. These terms are very clear to paint and body experts, and imply a finish that exceeds automotive standard finishes.

Newmar agreed with that assumption when I discussed my concern, and agreed to fix it.

That is where the 2nd statement comes in: "Newmar does not have the ability to do it properly".

Newmar initially wanted me to go back to Nappanee. I have seen their work, and their recommendations for repair. They use an approach to make it look good for short term with no concern for long term. They also do not have skilled people trained to use the polishers, and burn thru paint, making it worse.

I have seen many coaches go thru the Nappanee repair process, and was not willing to.

Until Newmar takes paint seriously, they will not invest in the ability to do the work properly. Among the many investments to be made are facilities, personally, and quality standards that are in line with automotive repair guidelines established by insurance companies for collision repair.

When I was working with Mark @ NIRVC he shared with me the standard they would use, and won my business.

What is in the box and the significance of the paper taped to the coach? Is part of a treatment of some kind? I am unfamiliar. The mirror finish is phenomenal.
That was a sheet of PPF for the door. It was cut and one side of peeled off, ready to apply to the door.

PPF has 2 protective layers that are removed when it is applied. This is very similar to window tint.

Latest resources

Back