Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question 2022 Nexus Triumph 31t. Massive issues on maiden voyage.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
One will find in a motorhome that there are "many systems" to learn, understand and deal with. It is not like those in one's house. MH systems are multiple and some are quite complex. Reading the manuals and having them handy is an absolute MUST DO. Just jumping in, and driving away for the weekend, is a formula for a minor disaster.

To explain it differently. One has the propulsion system, the electrical system both AC, shore power, and generator power, and DC be it the converter system, solar or batteries, the water system, the sewage system, the HVAC system, refrigeration, and cooking just to name a few. In other words, you are in charge and responsible for every system associated with and found in a city or town. Although the MH is a good bit smaller and on wheels.

I agree with others, it appears the selling Dealer did not do a very good job with the pre-delivery service. It is my belief that every system should be operationally explained to the buyer and the confirmed operation before driving off of the lot.

Sorry that you had the issues which I'm sure are very disappointing and left a bad taste. They can be resolved. As I wrote earlier, make detailed notes and pictures of any and all concerns. Provide these to the Dealer and keep a copy for yourself. That will prevent "but I told you..........".

You will have to keep pressure on the Dealer to get them resolved. Document every phone call, e-mail, and text message with when, who, and what was discussed.

I believe the "lemon law" will come into play only after a certain number of unsuccessful attempts to repair a specific issue. Multiple items don't count. Example: if you have had the MH to the Dealer for the repeated repair of a single item more than 5 times, then you may have a case. I believe each item is likely viewed as a separate case. And some issues may revert to the product manufacturer and not the MH manufacturer.

Perhaps the next trip will be more enjoyable and relaxing. After all, that is what RVing is all about.

Bob

I know it doesn't help the original poster, but for others it might. My approach is always coordinating with the dealer, before purchase, that I will be staying on site for 2-3 days (or very close if they don't have place to stay on their lot), testing all equipment in RV, and living in it for a few days, and having them fix anything I find.

Then, as suggested above, the first couple trips, close to home, or in my case, close to the dealer, which was five hours away.

That sounds like a lot of problems (OP), but anyone that spends much time on RV forums will quickly learn that more times than not, RV manufacturers do a horrible job of QC and leave it to the dealers, and many, if not most, dealers don't do a very good job of catching issues in their PDI, and that means the customer finds them.

Water tank leak, shower leak, hot water heater not working, window screens falling off, door not properly sealed. Check engine light on (emissions issue), tire valve leaky. First time motor home owner, is this normal?
Have a new Triumph also. Took forever for Ford to figure out. But now who would expect factory assembly line drilling screws thru the floor into gas tank??? And my AC unit functioned poorly until it stopped completely on third trip. Who AC had to be pulled out and completely redone. Wired wrong. Poorly taped and some switch completely missing. But too bad said Nexus. Your warranty up 3 months ago. 3 short trips!! Stood at Ford and RV dealer all summer long. Took forever to hear from Nexus on AC. I swear they were stalling until my warranty was up!!!

Did you see a sticker “MADE WITH PRIDE”? It is amazing how much they don’t care about the quality of their products.

Latest resources

Back