• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2024 King Aire

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@ARD is your delivery still on for December or is that still a secret. I'm good with secrets. Just checking if anyone else knows yet?

Grossly overpriced when you consider all it is is a London Aire with a lot of fluff. London Air Essex and King Air all share the same chassis, engine and transmission. And to answer your question about how it compares to Newell, Marathon or a Prevost there is no comparison whatsoever. The King Aire comes nowhere near to these class of coachs.

PS: I own a London Aire

curious, do those headlights are good enough for night driving or are they just for the looks? Or, perhaps, for that price they come equiped with night vision!!!

It is nice, the smooth clean lines, the contemperary look as mentioned, in contrast to the 'amish' wood work is interesting. I wonder if the quality can match the looks? Not that they are not capable of doing so, its just the question of the management! Ironically, someone forgot to cover a couple of scenes in the video where newmar 'signature' wiring is in display...

note to scott, your observation is spot on, however, they are just targeting a few owners who are looking for a cheaper version of Newell, etc.. they just need to sell a few to get a truck load of $

Last edited:
I’ll say this. A prevost drives and rides better than a Newell or an KADP according to the DW. I gave her the choice and she picked Prevost after testing both.

I wouldn’t spend that for a KA. It might look nice but has nowhere near the time to build and engineering that Newell or Prevost converter buses have. There’s also the level of service response you get with Newell or Prevost that is missing at Newmar in my opinion. I hear a fair amount about people who get into a KA end up in a Newell or Prevost with a major hit on depreciation on the KA. I know a few KA owners who love their coaches too. It just depends on what you are after and how much you are prepared to spend.

I have been told our MA is the ‘last coach’ so I need to plan this carefully - perhaps the 2 years is a net positive for the positioning and winning over phase.
That and winning the lottery….

200.gif

That is a LOT of money for the KA. You can buy nearly 4 Ventana's for the same amount. Is the KA really $1.2 million better than the Ventana? What can you put in it to add up to that amount?

All of the Newmar DP's look the same to me on the interior. Some have a better fit/finish to some, basement space can be quite different, obviously engine is different as is the weight. In essence they all have very similar living room layout, kitchen layout, bedroom layout and various master bathroom layouts. Much different to me? No. As this is typically one of the highest depreciating "assets" I don't get it, or more so, it's not my thing. To each their own, my Ventana gets me the same places super expensive coaches go, in fact I probably go more places as the super expensive ones seem to just sit at owner type RV resorts and probably swap between a north and south resort twice a year. Why not just buy a condo there for far less money? Newmar uses the same low grade crap and tech in about all of them as we've learned, it's all just marketing, status symbols, and hype. @Jim used his fancy AI tools and recently posted a picture of my Ventana in 2027.

@Jim used his fancy AI tools and recently posted a picture of my Ventana in 2027.
I don't remember that! When did I do that?

But with respect to the King Aire, wow, she’s a beauty!

Six months ago, Trish and I were leaning in that direction. And then came the NIRVC fiasco and the realization that we could drop a significant amount of money and be virtually out in the cold for maintenance. Driving to the mother ship isn’t an option, so this rig isn’t an option either.

Looks like we’ll drive the wheels off the one we have, and then we’ll be out of the RV game. It’s been a huge disappointment so far, so no, $1.6 is just too much.

I don't remember that! When did I do that?

But with respect to the King Aire, wow, she’s a beauty!

Six months ago, Trish and I were leaning in that direction. And then came the NIRVC fiasco and the realization that we could drop a significant amount of money and be virtually out in the cold for maintenance. Driving to the mother ship isn’t an option, so this rig isn’t an option either.

Looks like we’ll drive the wheels off the one we have, and then we’ll be out of the RV game. It’s been a huge disappointment so far, so no, $1.6 is just too much.
Did I miss something about NIRVC? Drop me a link if I need to catch up on a good story.

Latest resources

Back