• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2024 King Aire

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I’d rather use the money on a down payment on the 15 acre lot with a modern 4bd,3ba home and plenty of extras a few miles from here.

Well I'm not wild about the color. To much for me. We do absolutely love our King Aire. It's 2014 and is a wonderful coach. Bought it used,1 owner,60K miles and perfect shape for 1/3 the price. But if you have the money............Go for it!
Buying pre-owned is definitely the way to get into a King Aire IMHO. Let someone eat half that cost in depreciation as they punt to Newell/Prevost. Hopefully the shakedown is also done on that complex setup.

Looking at the dinette shown in the video, adults must be 100 lbs or less.
That dinette is unique in that it rotates to be perpendicular to the wall,and isn’t meant to be used in the stored(shown) position…not my preference,but once rotated provides lots of table space…

Buying pre-owned is definitely the way to get into a King Aire IMHO. Let someone eat half that cost in depreciation as they punt to Newell/Prevost. Hopefully the shakedown is also done on that complex setup.
I have to disagree for a couple reasons..first of all,I think the ownership statistics that Brett Davis has made public,are based on thousands of transactions over several years and are generally accurate,varying by the factors he stated,condition,builder still in business etc etc.also,I just used and sold my 19 king aire bought new(nirvc pricing is key here)with 51 months of use costing me 16%…I.e. I sold my 19 king aire after 51 months of use,46k miles for 84% of what I paid new(and no,I did not sell during the inflated covid market) regarding prevost conversions and Newell’s,and foretravel……we eliminated foretravel because we don’t care for what I think is stodgy styling,lack of service locations,and no full wall slide…Newell is obviously gorgeous….in real money,a new Newell costs twice as much as a new king aire…I can’t justify the addl cost or see the addl benefit,I do have three friends with late model beautiful Newell‘s,all three complain that the only real service for the house portion is Oklahoma,or Bradenton Florida…two of the coaches are 2023’s and both have had a never ending stream of problems with the coaches which are ongoing after a year…regarding prevost,definitely a drivers coach…in looking at how I use my coach,I am moving 5% of the time,stationary 95%……if money wasn’t a consideration,I’d drop 3 million on a 24(love the updated styling)quad slide liberty….the best of the best…for reasonable money,or money comparable to the cost of a new king aire,all you are buying is a dated,likely worn out prevost conversion,which,unless it’s a quad slide,feels like a bowling alley compared to the full wall slide king aire…we often travel with a double slide marathon..when you get to the hills,we are waiting a good bit for them to catch up….and interestingly enough,we always seem to end up hanging out in my full wall slide,theatre seating ultra comfortable king aire rather than his double slide marathon….its just that much more spacious and comfortable…….soon will see how the 24 king is…….obviously just my analysis and clearly the new king aire made sense for us…..all the best Joe b(taking delivery of the 24 king in January 2025)

@ARD ... just for what it's worth, I recently saw this posted on @redbaron's FB page. I wonder if he will let you get inline ahead of him :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

FLSteve 😎
View attachment 20133
Ha, that's Jared's (owner of PDI) new coach. If you REALLY wanna drool...look at his engine!!

@Neal,

I was just in a '19 King Aire last week and it was beautiful! He just came from a '23 Newell so it was fun to share comparisons. We both chuckled at how nice it is to have a screen, as well as an awning over the front door! This is one of the big reasons for a Mid-Entry.

First, the Elephant in the room; price. Even a new '24 KA is way south of a '24 Newell. Newmars a still being sold for quite a bit of a discount, whereas Newell...not so much. So, it's nearly a 1M separation.

@ARD summed up some of the major differences, but remember, when you order a new Newell...EVERYTHING is custom!! Aside from the chassis/drivetrain, there are no "standards" whatsoever. The design process is something anyone would dream of...if you can handle the cost and the wait.

In terms of power, the KA with the same 605, can outrun a Newell thanks to being at least 10k lighter.

Nothing beat the Newell's headroom and slide space. The Full Wall Slide of the KA, however, gives you that illusion of open space since you have no bearing support/partions like you do in a Newell.

Bay Storage is interesting. Because the Newell favors INTERIOR headroom, the bay heights are naturally shorter than other "coaches" such as the Prevost's. But, the KA does have a bit more height to work with.

The rides are pretty different but would be hard to describe in words. But, in part, the way the Newell's ZF active suspension and heavier chassis works it makes it feel planted...if I can use that word.

In the end, you have a complete custom coach versus one that is made in a production line that you have less control over the build process.

A HUGE stand-out for me, as well as my friend, was resale value...BOOM...and there is the biggest differentiating factor for someone who cares about what their coach will sell for in a few years. I know of a couple friends who have sold their Newell for what they paid!! The crazy inflation after 2020 shot everything to the moon, including the price of the KA!! HOWEVER, what hasn't changed is the resale value of these production coaches. Because of that price hike, a 3 year old used KA coaches are nearly 2M less than a new Newell and 1.6M less than a 3 year old Newell. That depreciation factor is something that most people would find insurmountable; making the USED KA a very wise financial decision for very nice coach!

I am not jumping into this debate even though I was tempted. To each their own. I like my Marathon for a variety of reasons. Enough said.

I am not jumping into this debate even though I was tempted. To each their own. I like my Marathon for a variety of reasons. Enough said.
No debate, Sheridan...so don't take it as one. Neal, on his OP, asked about a KA versus a Newell.

Now, if you DO wanna debate...go ahead, start a new topic of "Newell vs. Marathon"! LOL...and I'm out on that one!

But seriously, that's not really a fair debate, because it's more of "whatever blows yer skirt up" kinda question; Newell/Liberty/Marathon.

This topic, by Neal, has far more of a "reality check" factor going for it since it's comparing the top-of-the-line production coach that has an exorbitantly higher price tag as the rest of the line; clearly to "reach for the stars".

P.S. FWIW, your comment about a Prevost riding better than a Newell isn't the first I've heard. So there! ;)

Head spinning! I think I am going to start an underpriveledged MH owners fund.😂
Yeah @AbdRahim, these guys are swinging big hammers in this thread! Meet me over in the Thor forum where we can be big dogs again, lol. :)

I'm happy to learn being short just saved me 1m - more battery money!

Latest resources

Back