• Commercial/Vendors welcome

55 and older RV parks/resorts

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well if your gonna profile people it's better to use age than age of their rig . Everybody can't have brand new rigs . Older people are more opt to spend if the price is reasonable IMHO
I agree @Pgh_AL, I've had a lot of older rigs at the park, and very few of them were ill kept. I've got a beautiful coach myself, and in two years it won't be welcome in a lot of parks. Their loss, lol.

I agree @Pgh_AL, I've had a lot of older rigs at the park, and very few of them were ill kept. I've got a beautiful coach myself, and in two years it won't be welcome in a lot of parks. Their loss, lol.
Well i have a well kept 92 PACE ARROW and Im 70 yrs old . I was already told my rig would not be accepted in most RV parks and stick to BLM and Boondocking on public sites like National parks and such .

Well if your gonna profile people it's better to use age than age of their rig .
Just for the record, I was never considering having a park that was 55 or older. I just wondered how many of our members were seeing this trend, and what they thought of it.

Just for the record, I was never considering having a park that was 55 or older. I just wondered how many of our members were seeing this trend, and what they thought of it.
I think it's a great idea .

I don't like it, but I understand why, I hosted for a few years, and would never consider doing it again!!!

Depends on the park.

Where we stay in Florida is 55+. They also have a 10 year old rule but they ask for pics if older. Everything there looks nice regardless of the age of the rig.

Most of the people in the 380+ sites are retired and enjoying life.

Grandkids do visit and we see them around the park riding bikes etc. That is not a problem for us either.

It is nice going to the pool etc and not worrying about kids running around. There are two pools and one the kids use with certain times for them.

We enjoy it being that way. Better than one we stayed at in TN where the kids spent the day running through everyone’s site, still out chasing each other and yelling after midnight.

We like kids but like the quiet too 😀

The one we are in now has no restrictions and there are kids riding bikes around, fishing, etc which is fine. Families here seem to not let their kids get out of control.

Nice seeing them outside and not glued to some device playing.

Well behaved kids having fun is nice to see at campgrounds too. Reminds us of when we were kids camping and having fun.

So, guess it depends on the park and why we are there

I don't like it, but I understand why, I hosted for a few years, and would never consider doing it again!!!
I'm with you Kevin! We hosted for three and a half summers at a Provincial Park. It was great until too many COVID campers ruined the experience. Sadly, most had no idea that rules and regulations existed. We quit mid way thru 2021. It was impossible to get a lot of them to respect the campground and their fellow campers. I doubt if we would ever try again either.

Darrell

I'm with you Kevin! We hosted for three and a half summers at a Provincial Park. It was great until too many COVID campers ruined the experience. Sadly, most had no idea that rules and regulations existed. We quit mid way thru 2021. It was impossible to get a lot of them to respect the campground and their fellow campers. I doubt if we would ever try again either.

Darrell
Does being host require you to be security also?

Does being host require you to be security also?
We were not supposed to be required to play police. But being on the front line, we were to "suggest" rules be followed by campers that were not. Most people used to comply once given the "suggestion" prior to COVID. Very seldom did we have to call for a back up. The park we hosted was 100% reserve only. One had to "click" that rules had been read and understood before the reservation could be confirmed. During COVID, it seemed that most just clicked "read" and completed the order. The biggest problems were overloading a site. Max 6 people per site, Max 1 sleeping unit and 2 vehicles per site so long as they fit was the rule. If campers did not comply to our "suggestions" then we would provide them with a hard copy of the rules. If that didn't work, then we would call for a Ranger to assist. Most times there were just not enough Rangers to go around as other camp host were dealing with the same crap. We did have to play the heavy on occasion. Our final straw was a site that had 5 sleeping units set up on and around the pad so there was no room for vehicles. Vehicles were parked randomly in the surrounding forest (vehicles and sleeping units must fit inside the designated camp site space). We counted 18 people on site but there were more. The person registered to the site gave me such a blast when I told her she needed to read the rules and get things sorted. Sadly, no Ranger was available to assist so I was told be be the heavy and get things sorted. I went back to the site and was then threatened by the crowd. "I was ruining their first camping experience!" said they. I replied that I was trying to protect everyone else's camping experience, the campsite and surrounding area that they were destroying. It didn't work. Mr. Ranger came the next morning but by then we had had enough. There were complaints from neighbors next the their site that we could not deal with so we were done.

Darrell

Age restrictions or 55+ is the first thing my wife looks for if we occasionally need to use an RV park. Otherwise, we're almost never bothered by the screaming, nose pick'n ankle biters when dry camping/boondocking.
yes, I do take it into consideration when I see photographs of the campground with playgrounds in children happily splashing in the park swimming pool - definitely family oriented and that's fine, but we try to steer clear. When I see negative reviews "no amenities - 1 star! I think "and your point is?"

Latest resources

Back