55 and older RV parks/resorts

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Maybe that means responsible adults?

Does self contained mean they poop in the shower?
Most importantly, it means I didn't build a shower house. Looks like I really dodged a bullet this time!

I'm going to need a fake ID again. Or my chaperone to sneak me into campgrounds again like she did last time. Not naming names.

One pro I can cite for 55+ is I am likely to have more in common with the average guest.

I know I escalated to "advanced age" status this past year when I went to Holiday-R-Travel Park in VA Beach, VA last July 4th and almost through one of those fishing nets you throw over the side of a boat to catch the plankton kids.

Shucks, I was going tosay I will be there as soon as he puts in public toilets. No poop in my coach.😂

On the topic athand, there are advantages to both sides. I like 55+ parks because there are more long term residents and one can get to know people. On the other hand, if Iwere single at this age and looking for a date, all of the women in these parks would be too old.🤣

Well @Jim Guess you got your answer!

From what I have read here, you are doing a great job. Your park/resort, could never attract someone like me, but if you tried others would quit coming.

DON'T TRY TO ATTRACT ME!!!
OK, you win. ;)

Yeah, I agree that we're not an average RV park. We're definitely not a campground, nor are we a "resort" with swimming pool, hot tub, etc. But we have a uniqueness that, for the right people, sets us apart and makes you want to come back.

Call it a woodsy remote feel with benefits of things like a refrigerator and icemaker, or maybe a Solo Stove at your site. Enough room to make your site individual and not have to eat your dinner next to your neighbors sewer outlet. A quietness that is so comforting that you just want to wrap yourself up in it.

Air that is so fresh you'll sit back and enjoy the smells of whatever season you happen to be visiting in. Beautiful views, awesome surroundings, and hosts that remember your birthday or anniversary, or whatever milestone you happen to celebrating during your visit.

You might find it surprising, but the overwhelming percentage of guests return each year. Sometimes several times a year. Our visitors are more interested in the uniqueness of our park and the attention they receive, than they are the price of admission.

Our target visitor is a bit more mature, likes to party in an adult manner and isn't a pain in the ass to everyone around him. And when I say mature, I don't necessarily mean old.

To be honest, I've considered making Deer Springs a private park, inviting only a group of visitors that all enjoy this kind of camping, and who enjoy what what we offer. And I'm still not sure that I won't, but it's probably a little to early in the game for that.

So yeah, we're not for everyone. But if you fit, everyone knows it. And you'll probably come back again. :)

Shucks, I was going tosay I will be there as soon as he puts in public toilets. No poop in my coach.😂
Lol, some buy an RV so they don't have to use the public facilities, some won't go to a park if they have to use their own. But I can tell you one thing for sure, I'll do a lot of things, but I will not be cleaning a bath house. PERIOD!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back