Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
It seems that more and more resorts and rv parks are going to 55 and older. Some are even 60 and older! Looking for opinions on this trend?

Haven't noticed anything along those lines changing. In Florida of course there are a bunch of 55 and over parks and resorts. When we travel around the rest of the country I don't think I have ever checked into a age restricted RV campground or resort.

You trying to get me in trouble again Jim? My first thought was I think little brats under 55 need to be limited in what they can do, and people over 55 should be entitled! But alas I should control my tongue 😉

I haven’t seen that too much out west except in AZ which attracts large flocks of snowbirds and they emphasize 55 plus park in the marketing efforts. I haven’t seen it in CA that I can recall.

If it's cheaper I'm all for it, however, I haven't seen that around my way (MA/NH).

I'm on a campground owners FB forum, so I probably see it more than others. Many are going to adults only as well. The driving force being that children of todays parents are more likely to be a problem, and CC owners are tired of the nonsense.

Age restrictions or 55+ is the first thing my wife looks for if we occasionally need to use an RV park. Otherwise, we're almost never bothered by the screaming, nose pick'n ankle biters when dry camping/boondocking.

I'm on a campground owners FB forum, so I probably see it more than others. Many are going to adults only as well. The driving force being that children of todays parents are more likely to be a problem, and CC owners are tired of the nonsense.
I’ve seen a whole bunch of adults that act worse than kids, sadly.

Why not make it Baby Boomers, Post War and older? And we get a discount!

I avoid those types of places. The last one we pulled into didn't advertise that they were 55+. Of course the owner's grandkids didn't count. My 55yo husband was welcome to stay. My daughter (23yo) and I (49yo) were told we had to stay someplace else. We laughed all the way to the next (nicer) RV park. We have laughed about that places for many years.

I grew up in FL where I was told, on many occasions, that I was riff-raff (and much nastier things) by the Yankees that moved to FL and hid in their so called "adult communities". I would stay on the side of the road rather than stay in a 55+ park. My experience with the residents of those types of places isn't good. They tend to be toxic beyond belief. I have always thought the people who stayed in 55+ communities did so because being in a 55+ community gave them an excuse as to why their children and grandchildren never visited them. If they say otherwise, they are obviously lying.

I've been in enough parks and campgrounds where the only people around were adults. Hard to blame kids for trashing the bathhouse when there are no kids in the park. But some people blame them anyway. An adult knows that you don't poop in a shower stall. When they do, they gotta blame someone. Folks just really want to believe it was a kid. And yes, it WAS an "older" adult who pooped in the shower of the Men's side of the bathhouse, SEVERAL TIMES! No kids were in the park and hadn't been in the park for several weeks. That is, until my husband figured out who was pooping in the shower stalls and told the Park ranger. Guy was kicked out of the park after the park ranger verified it. No more poopy shower stalls. This was a Georgia State Park. At that time, they had a blacklist for troublesome guests that was shared with all the other Georgia state parks.

But just blame kids. It's so much easier to blame a group that can't argue back.

Latest resources

Back