• Commercial/Vendors welcome

A very productive day with the smoker

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Looks really yummy. What's the next step, vacuum bagging?

Looks really yummy. What's the next step, vacuum bagging?
We tried to wear out the vacuum sealer this morning. 10 packs of brisket, 9 with ribs. Heading back to Costco tomorrow to find some more goodies to smoke before August 1. We'll lose a few packs to attrition during July, but the freezer is looking good for the upcoming trip.

Dear @GlampDaddy,

I noticed there isn't the usual layer of fat on the brisket that I usually see. If this a better cut of meat or do you trim that off before you start the BBQ'ing?

Asking for a friend.

:)

Dear @GlampDaddy,

I noticed there isn't the usual layer of fat on the brisket that I usually see. If this a better cut of meat or do you trim that off before you start the BBQ'ing?

Asking for a friend.

:)
Tell your friend that it's USDA Prime brisket from Costco. I trim most of the fat off so my cardiologist won't know what I've been eating.

Done on our RV site patio grill in Polson, Montana; a boneless leg of lamb. Seared all four sides on high heat (took about 15 minutes) and then put on the high rack for 1:15 with the grill on low and the lid down. Pulled it when the internal temp hit 130 degrees and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Served with a garden salad and steamed fresh broccoli. It was GOOD!

F1A9309E-7F40-4006-A2CF-71120B80B804.jpeg

9D3A22E1-39E7-44FC-9184-B0E154485D01.jpeg

TJ

I think we just created the Smoked Meats area of this forum. That’s an awesome looking pice of lamb

Done on our RV site patio grill in Polson, Montana; a boneless leg of lamb. Seared all four sides on high heat (took about 15 minutes) and then put on the high rack for 1:15 with the grill on low and the lid down. Pulled it when the internal temp hit 130 degrees and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Served with a garden salad and steamed fresh broccoli. It was GOOD!

View attachment 2567
View attachment 2568

TJ
Wine?

Latest resources

Back