Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins ISL450
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
I’m aware that there are a few on this forum with Active Air so I thought I would ask this simplistic question here before I tried to contact HWH.
At slow speeds I can hear the air system clicking on/off 2-3 times a minute or even more, sometimes even on reasonably smooth roads. It even does it every now and then when stopped at a signal. Is this normal? Is the system supposed to be that precise or ”touchy”?
Probably a stupid question and that is why bow to this all knowing group first.

Yes, it's normal, meaning mine does it too, it is annoying. I wish the darn thing would sleep when speed is zero. I don't know why it has to keep adjusting ride height while stopped. I think it would be a good idea to reach out to HWH and see what they say as it is annoyingggggg!

I think what you're hearing (emphasis on "think") is the Air Dryer that keeps the moisture out of the system.

No, Jim. Th
I think what you're hearing (emphasis on "think") is the Air Dryer that keeps the moisture out of the system.
No, Jim. The air dryer is not part of the Active Air system.

Yes, it's normal, meaning mine does it too, it is annoying. I wish the darn thing would sleep when speed is zero. I don't know why it has to keep adjusting ride height while stopped. I think it would be a good idea to reach out to HWH and see what they say as it is annoyingggggg!
When I get a minute I’ll text HWH and see what they say

It is norm, and expected. You can hit the stop button anytime and it will no longer be active. Hitting reset will reboot it and it will start active air level immediately.

Kind of fun to do when bored, and you want a reminder of why you spent $10k. Get going about 65 on the highway and hit stop.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

I do think HWH should understand our perception of this "annoyance" as it is something that could lead someone to not get it again. I love the system but it is these little things that are just weird and could be tamed with a software update such as at a stop light, stop making adjustments. Zero velocity the system should sleep IMHO.

I do think HWH should understand our perception of this "annoyance" as it is something that could lead someone to not get it again. I love the system but it is these little things that are just weird and could be tamed with a software update such as at a stop light, stop making adjustments. Zero velocity the system should sleep IMHO.
I know that at zero velocity I tend to go to sleep?.

I just don't pay attention to it anymore. As long as it keeps doing what it does, I consider it to be normal.

Latest resources

Back