Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

MOD Added Banjo quick-couplers to the Sani-Con hose today!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I ordered some the same ones to restock after doing this project, they very slow with delivery. Ordered Sunday and haven’t even shipped yet, Thursday. So if you want them in rush I would look for another source.

On the topic of male vs. female connectors and where I think the design is going to come down to your wet bay setup. For example I added a second wet bay hole for my sanicon so I can very easily get my sewer connector in/out of the wet bay as I'm not in conflict with the sanicon unit itself at the plumbing connection. If you are one that has to feed your sanicon hose in a narrow path such as getting it below plumbing then I suggest the male end on the end opposite your sanicon pump. In my case that is likely how I'll do it anyway to keep the flow from male to female as described above.

I love, love, love the Banjo quick couplers. Thanks to @NWIP who walked me through the process via FaceTime. Had to use right away because I couldn't reach my sewer hole in Utah. It makes life so much easier, especially of not having to put the handle through the hole in the wet bay. `
E1EF4C9D-C3DA-41AC-98A6-9179187DB4F7.jpeg
7DA0CA3A-1422-462B-8553-D4CFB8580EE0.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice job @ARD! Can you provide a link to what you're using for your sanicon hose protection? I need to order something for my extension and not sure if I'm going to use what I used on the other or what you're using. Grac'yaaas!

Nice job @ARD! Can you provide a link to what you're using for your sanicon hose protection? I need to order something for my extension and not sure if I'm going to use what I used on the other or what you're using. Grac'yaaas!
Following. Eskerrik Asko.

TJ

If I were to choose, I would get another sleeve from Thetford, but I bought this in 2018 before I knew Thetford had the sleeves. I followed @redbaron's footsteps. Here is the link:

25ft - 1.5 inch PET Expandable Braided Sleeving – Blackbred – Alex Tech Braided Cable Sleeve
by San-mart
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075QD5QG2/?tag=rvf01-20

250B1014-F8BF-4D6C-987C-364EFED4598A.jpeg

I love, love, love the Banjo quick couplers. Thanks to @NWIP who walked me through the process via FaceTime. Had to use right away because I couldn't reach my sewer hole in Utah. It makes life so much easier, especially of not having to put the handle through the hole in the wet bay. `
View attachment 1885View attachment 1886
Is the hose in the bottom photo the one from Thetford? As I recall, they sent you a replacement hose to replace a leaky one. Will they also just sell the sleeve material separately?

TJ

Is the hose in the bottom photo the one from Thetford? As I recall, they sent you a replacement hose to replace a leaky one. Will they also just sell the sleeve material separately?

TJ

Yes, it is. I asked for a sleeve and they sent me a hose with the sleeve. BONUS!!! No cost. The first time they sent me just the sleeve. No cost. I went through 3 hoses in a little over a year. Was not happy. I found Thetford outstanding to work with and don't understand why Newmar doesn't order the hose with the sleeve for their coaches. Give them a call.
CFCE6988-4BB7-4452-A958-79A7D83E5A17.jpeg

@TJ&LadyDi FYI, if they will give you the hose with sleeve already on, take it. I got pinholes when I put my sleeve on. I thought I was really careful and oh, so proud because it was a pain in the neck to put on and then I used it. Sadly, it leaked, hence my second call to Thetford. ?

Thanks, Renee; I need to contact Thetford and see about at least getting a sleeve for my hose. I do have some of the PET braided sleeving on hand, but like the look of the sleeve you have on the hose Thetford has provided.

TJ

Latest resources

Back