Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

MOD Added Banjo quick-couplers to the Sani-Con hose today!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thanks @TJ&LadyDi - wasn't aware of making this decision. I also noticed you're not protecting your hose from the pin hole leaks these seem to be susceptible to.

Thanks @TJ&LadyDi - wasn't aware of making this decision. I also noticed you're not protecting your hose from the pin hole leaks these seem to be susceptible to.
I have the flexible sheathing on hand, but haven't yet gotten around to installing it. Thus far, I have not seen any hose scuffing or other potential leak indicators. I have been VERY careful in how I handle the hose and watch it carefully for movement when pumping. There is very little movement of the hose when I activate the Sani-Con pump.

Maybe the Turbo 700 operates differently enough from the model in the Ventana/Dutch Star that the hose leak issue has been resolved.

TJ

Maybe the Turbo 700 operates differently enough from the model in the Ventana/Dutch Star that the hose leak issue has been resolved.

Careful is good but I don't think the pump has anything to do with it. I've seen this even in flexible garden hoses. You drag it over gravel once by accident in the wrong place and wrong stone and you have a hole. I don't think these are cheap to replace either. Word of caution...

Careful is good but I don't think the pump has anything to do with it. I've seen this even in flexible garden hoses. You drag it over gravel once by accident in the wrong place and wrong stone and you have a hole. I don't think these are cheap to replace either. Word of caution...
We bought a replacement Sani-Con hose via Amazon for $71; not throw-away cheap, but not horribly expensive either.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076FYD6JS/?tag=rvf01-20

With the Banjo fittings installed, it would be a quick and easy changeout, if necessary.

I need to contact Thetford and see about getting one of the covered hoses they provide to that other motorhome manufacturer.

TJ

Now, @Neal, you will be faced with deciding whether to put the female couplers on the inboard or outboard end. Conventional plumbing wisdom is that liquid should flow from male to female fittings, but I didn't do it that way. My thought process is that the outboard end of the hose is the most likely to get dinged up from being dropped, etc. The female fitting has the protection of the outer housing around it to keep that from happening. If the male end gets dinged, it may not seal properly.

It will be interesting to see what you decide.

TJ

@TJ&LadyDi

I didn’t give it that much thought but I like your thinking because that’s how mine ended up?

Now, @Neal, you will be faced with deciding whether to put the female couplers on the inboard or outboard end. Conventional plumbing wisdom is that liquid should flow from male to female fittings, but I didn't do it that way. My thought process is that the outboard end of the hose is the most likely to get dinged up from being dropped, etc. The female fitting has the protection of the outer housing around it to keep that from happening. If the male end gets dinged, it may not seal properly.

Jim, interesting thinking...you must be an engineer. I made a conscious decision to do the other way, but can't recreate the thought process...it will be interesting to see what @Neal decides.

Pretty much any stainless steel hose clamps should work. I used these on my 1-1/2" ID Sani-Con hose install.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I7TANE4/?tag=rvf01-20

One tip on any hose clamps you use; trim them to size so there are no tag ends sticking out to cut hoses, hands, etc. The clamps I used had about 3/4" of band sticking out when properly tightened.

I did a preliminary fit, noted the number of excess thread slots (6) sticking out and then cut the excess off with tin snips. I dressed up the sharp corners and edges of the cut on a grinding wheel (a file would also work). It took an extra few minutes, but I don't have to worry about anything being nicked or cut by a protruding tag end.

TJ

Latest resources

Back