• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Adding Wind Generator to 12V Solar

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My 30’ Bay Star had room for five 315w panels. But the real key, as mentioned above, is storage. Increasing your storage would also work well as a backup since you are on the grid which is reliable most of the time. I’m guessing the real problem is the occasional outage that lasts for several days?
Well here in Texas the grid is fairly dependable having it's own independent grid but you never known when a bad storm may take out the power, and that could last for days sometimes a week like it was in the Rio Grande Valley last month.

ok I will be the first admit I know zero about wind turbines,

but one would think that this style would be best for driving vs. the blade style:

View attachment 19259View attachment 19260

both claim to be vibration free and stable up to 100mph winds.

*EDIT*
so.. reading about these. completely useless, they are rated for ~1200watt they claim, but it appears that claim is 1200 over 24 hour day, so ~50watts per hour in 35mph sustained winds.

so yeah, just get another solar panel and more batteries.

FWIW: I have an ecoflow delta max 7200wh system in my RV, with 4x300 watt solar panels (came with the unit), Those 4 panels keep the delta max between 80% and 100% even with the June gloom SoCal has been experiencing.

for me that is 9 - 14 hours of battery power on the Delta Max. The nice thing about these units is they have a 30 connector on the unit, the controller, etc is all inclusive. All I had to do was plug it in to my RV and I have full power.

If I run the HVAC, I only get about 2 hours out of it, but for everything else (12v lights, Micro, Water Heater, TV, etc.) I see 9-14 hours battery only.
I recently came to the same realization and conclusion having read the Amazon reviews, 1200 watts is more like 60, I'm considering going the make your own route, maybe use a treadmill motor and make a project out of it, but for now the idea is on the back burner, thanks

Latest resources

Back