Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tonyabthompson

RVF Newbee
My son owns a 2016 Keystone Passport Ultra Lite. He will be living in it soon full time for the next couple of years. It has an AC but it doesn’t have an automatic option like our big camper does so it won’t maintain the temperature. Any advice on what to buy that will work inside his smaller camper to keep it cool and keep some circulation during the summer so all his stuff doesn’t melt and his air doesn’t become stagnant while he is at work all day? I’ve been researching online and all I find is large portable AC units with no auto function or small units that require water/ice cubes and dumping often. Thanks in advance.

My 2014 had an a/c with a dial, but no thermostat. Is that what the Keystone has?
Set it and go…

My 2014 had an a/c with a dial, but no thermostat. Is that what the Keystone has?
Set it and go…
It is a dial on the ceiling unit. Once you turn it on it blows continuously. Unlike the furnace that has the unit on the wall and shuts off at your desired temperature.

It sounds like my old one, or at least similar.
It has selections (OFF, Lo, MED, HI) and a dial for temperature, correct?
The fan will blow, but the compressor will cycle depending on the dial position. It is a thermostat, just a very basic one.
Just set it to a comfortable temp and go.

Any advice on what to buy that will work inside his smaller camper to keep it cool and keep some circulation during the summer.....
I use my fantastic fan. My fantastic fan has a rain switch and a thermostat. Crack a window and put a piece of wood in the slider rail so the window cannot be opened any farther. You can force the air out the fantastic fan or reverse the fantastic fan to push the air out the window. I prefer forcing the air out the fantastic fan.

Latest resources

Back