• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ahh, the RV life . . . :-)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Holy cow, we just watched the launch from Kennedy Space Center. Go Elon, Go!
Wife watched it from down by the Caloosahatchee River while walking the dog. I would have if I'd have known about it.

I took the 40lb restrictor off the water intake and wow, what a difference. I guess the restrictor is a good idea in the campgrounds that have excessively high water pressure, but the last few places we have stayed were didn't have that problem.

I'll have to keep an eye on the grey tank as the volume has certainly picked up, but the results were well worth it. Even the dishwasher is working better!

Camping is good! :)

I wish someone made a water pressure regulator that would adapt to changing pressures. Each campground I end up having to adjust the pressure or swap to a different regulator in order to get consistent pressure in the coach. If I understood fluid dynamics I would love to be able to invent one that actually works without causing a negative impact on volume.

I wish someone made a water pressure regulator that would adapt to changing pressures. Each campground I end up having to adjust the pressure or swap to a different regulator in order to get consistent pressure in the coach. If I understood fluid dynamics I would love to be able to invent one that actually works without causing a negative impact on volume.
I think the key word is restricted. That is not a regulator, hence the reason I have never used one.

Once a water pressure is set on a restricting device there is no need nor should it ever be changed again. I don't think many RVers understand this. This is why going to the fixed pressure device is the answer. It's designed for the pressure desired and nothing to set. You should not be adjusting anything CG to CG.

Just remember I have a rig I can do as I want.

This line of posting has once again offered me a new idea. I am going to install a float valve in my holding tank to keep it topped off. City water hook up you know? I use the RV pump only in house, no connection to City water in my RV intentionally, but when I do have a water connection it would be nice to not have to tend to the water fill.

Thanks for the idea!!!

Just remember I have a rig I can do as I want.
Yup. Only providing info from a mechanical engineer standpoint. Once a set point is established it doesn't matter what you throw at it it's fixed. Most of the time the set point is not established as CG's don't have enough pressure to do this properly or people change it. My $.02 and not a cent more :)

Yup. Only providing info from a mechanical engineer standpoint. Once a set point is established it doesn't matter what you throw at it it's fixed. Most of the time the set point is not established as CG's don't have enough pressure to do this properly or people change it. My $.02 and not a cent more :)
This was my understanding that we could set it once and never have to adjust again. But real life didn’t pan out to support this.

When we had campground pressure around 60, we set the adjustable unit to provide between 40-45 and it worked ok, but when wanting larger volume it would be too restrictive. But we lived with it.

Then changed campgrounds and hooked up the water. Shower pressure was pathetic. Checked campground pressure was smidge below 50, and the regulator was dropping it down to around 30.

However, when we went to a campground that was running HIGHER than the original campground, the regulator kept pressure closer to the 40-45 we were desiring.

It seems the regulators, once set, will keep pressure from going above the set point, BUT if they experience a lower inlet pressure they will not open up to allow pressure through, resulting in lower pressures.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back