Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
400hp
TOW/TOAD
2007 CR-V
Fulltimer
No
I was wondering if anyone had any devised or purchased something that would go over your air brake switch which would prevent it from being pressed accidentally. Mine is in the right side of the steering wheel and is at a level that could be easily bumped by a knee or even a pet. I figure a piece of PVC pipe of the right size, with a slot could be used to be put over the stem of the button thus preventing it from being accidentally pushed in.

I know Neal created a similar (but smaller) device that kept the front hood cable pulled open while you could go around and open the hood. Neal, did you ever make one for the air brake?

Or any other thoughts?
Thanks
Rich

I bought one, it's metal. Try checking etrailer.com

I'm struggling to find my order much less the one I have. Still searching...

Yea…. I have looked around for one…did not see any on eTrailer.com. And many of the internet have keys and are made of steal to prevent theft…and are pretty pricey. Was looking for something simple.

I think the intent of the device is a lock out, i.e. key or something which I didn't keep, or put it somewhere I'll never find. I just want it so the dog doesn't push it and I come back to a new site location :)

Still searching...but I know @Chuggs did one in 3D print I'm pretty sure. I'll check for that too.

Cool. My daughter’s boyfriend just bought a 3D printer…. Maybe he can test it out for me.
:)

I designed a version that has eyelets to pass a padlock thru. That's the one to use when you are crawling underneath the motorhome, or have small children with thumbs. The other version just snaps on and off with a click. Great for pets. Unfortunately, the brake switch installation varies from coach to coach...so it won't fit a recessed dash panel...too long. Great for our Ventanas, where the switch is mounted on a flat panel section.

I'm religious about securing the switch...even if just stopping at a rest stop or fuel pump.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back