• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

texskeet

RVF Regular
What brand or type air chuck did newmar use an a 1017 DS? the air chuck on both my air hose and doubler want work.

Thanks

Are you sure you are using the correct male fitting ("plug")? There are three main types out there; automotive (short nose), industrial (medium nose) and ARO (long nose). They are not interchangeable.

Our 2018 Newmar coach came with the "Industrial" style couplers as did our 2014 Newmar. Brands really don't matter that much; type does. Personally, I like the air chucks from Milton Industries.

Take a look here for some info on air chuck types.

TJ

Last edited:
Which chuck does Newmar use?

As noted in my earlier post, both our 2014 and 2018 Newmar came with the industrial style.

TJ

Have you been able to resolve your air chuck problem, @texskeet? Inquiring minds are curious.

TJ

just got to the store and got back the new chuck works. Thanks for all the help.

Glad the problem is solved. You are not the first to encounter this issue...nor, was I many moons ago.

TJ

Forgot to mention earlier, but I carry home-made adapters with an Industrial-style plug and an Automotive-style coupler, along with the reverse combination. That way, if I ever encounter a situation where there's a compatibility issue, I can cope by using the appropriate "adapter."

TJ

Last edited:
Forgot to mention earlier, but I carry home-made adapters with an Industrial-style plug and an Automotive-style coupler, along with the reverse combination. That way, if I ever encounter a situation where there's a compatibility issue, I can cope by using the appropriate "adapter."

TJ
nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back